• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Custom divine abilities, portfolios, etc.

Bootlebat

Explorer
Here's a tricky one I thought of: what would an ability that gives one an extra artifact be? I was thinking maybe make it whatever is an esoteric ability for the being's tier (so cosmic for immortals, transcendental for sidereals etc.)

Obly99

Hero
Here's a tricky one I thought of: what would an ability that gives one an extra artifact be? I was thinking maybe make it whatever is an esoteric ability for the being's tier (so cosmic for immortals, transcendental for sidereals etc.)
I wouldn't rate it as an Ability. I'd run it that you have to do a quest EQUIVALENT in difficulty to that of an Esoterica (this is to avoid the fact that an Esoterica costs a Deity less than an Eternal to get an item that scales with you).

Obly99

Hero

Ghost Pugilist [Combat]

You can hit corporeal creatures.
Prerequisites: Improved Unarmed Strike, incorporeal subtype.
Benefit: You can hit and damage corporeal creatures and objects with your unarmed attack as if you are physical. If you have the ability to apply another ability modifier to damage roll instead of Strength (like with the Finesse Training of the unchained rogue if selecting unarmed attack), you can apply it to your unarmed attack.

Draining Punch [Divine]

You can apply your special attack to your punch.
Prerequisites: Improved Unarmed Strike, a special melee touch attack (like the Corrupting Touch of a Ghost or the touch of a Lich).
Benefit: When you hit a creature or object with your unarmed attack, you also apply the effect of your special melee touch attack (only one, selected by you every time this ability is activated, if you possess more than one). No matter how many time a creature or object is hit in a single round by your unarmed attack, this ability trigger only the first time each round a specific creature or object is hit. The touch attack only deals ×2 damage on a successful critical hit, while the unarmed strike damage uses its own critical modifier.

eg. Nilzog [Monk 30/Wizard 20], an Akalich has this ability. It make a flurry of blows on the party of heros. The fighter is hit 2 times while the cleric 4 times. Unfortunately, the first successfully attack against the cleric is also a critical hit. The fighter take 100d20 negative energy damage while the cleric take the 200d20 negative damage. Both must also save against the Stasis Touch effect. This activate only on the first successfull attack they suffer. The second hit on the fighter, and the second-third-and fourth hit on the cleric are normal unarmed attacks.

Special: Incorporeal creatures still need the Ghost Pugilist feat for hit corporeal creatures/objects with unarmed attacks. If you have the Evenhanded or Perfect Weapon Specialization (unarmed strike), the maximized damage does not apply to the discharged touch attack. You must select Perfect Weapon Specialization (touch attack), Inner Eye or similar abilities.

Obly99

Hero

Divine Vampire [Divine]

You do not fear the sun or holy symbols like a common vampire.
Prerequisites: Vampire template.
Benefit: You lose the vampire weakness.
Special: If you later lose in another way the vampire weakness (like if you gain the Nosferatu template), you can immediatly replace for free this ability.

Last edited:

Obly99

Hero

Epic Magic [Epic, Metamagic]

Infuse some of your epic power into your magic.
Prerequisites: 3 Metamagic feats, ability to cast spells of the normal maximum spell level in at least one spellcasting class, Spellcraft 24 ranks.
Benefit: The spell count as epic for all interactions (like having effect on Sidereals).
Level Increase: +4 (an epic magic spell uses up a spell slot four levels higher than the spell’s actual level.)

Bootlebat

Explorer
Here's an odd one

Skill Retrial (Epic)
Prerequisites: 25 ranks in the skill in question
Benefit: You can retry the skill, even if the rules don't normally allow it. You must still wait an hour before each attempt
Special: You can take this feat multiple times. Each time, it applies to a different skill.

Obly99

Hero
Here's an odd one

Skill Retrial (Epic)
Benefit: You can retry the skill, even if the rules don't normally allow it. You must still wait an hour before each attempt
Special: You can take this feat multiple times. Each time, it applies to a different skill.
For retry you intend reroll?

Here's an odd one

Skill Retrial (Epic)
This is a good one. I never understood why certain skills disallow a retry. It's easy enough to come at a problem from a different angle after taking a break and giving it more thought. This feat should almost just be a houserule with no feat tax.

Bootlebat

Explorer
Here's one I'm not sure should be epic or divine (tho I'm leaning toward the latter)

Exellency (epic or divine)
Prerequisites: 25 or 40 ranks in a skill
Benefit: You can take 10 on any d20 roll (including attack rolls and saving throws). You can do this even if you're in combat or another stressful situation that would normally prohibit it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads