• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Custom divine abilities, portfolios, etc.

Howdy shadethief! :)

...and Adslahnit dude! ;)

shadethief said:
What would the power level be of an ability that allowed you to stack levels in one class to another to determine the strength of class features. Say I have a 20 Rogue/30 Sorcerer. This ability allows me to add my Sorcerer level to my Rogue level to determine how powerful my Sneak Attack ability is. I think if used on a single feature, it would be divine. Past that, I'm not to sure. Any thoughts?

Tricky, part of me says divine as a single ability, but it needs further study. Maybe you can't have additional levels do better than double a certain ability.

That way you can't have a Rogue 1/Sorcerer 49 with ridiculous sneak attack ability.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
that is very very true...

on another topic...EXTRA HEADS (1 EXTRA HEAD/2 HIT DICE)...Divine or Cosmic?

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how the Hecaton gets all those extra arms and head without exploding from within with illogical ********, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Frobojoe

First Post
dante58701 said:

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how the Hecaton gets all those extra arms and head without exploding from within with illogical ********, it just doesn't make sense to me.
It's already a template. Just use the template.

Hey dante dude! :)

dante58701 said:

A Hecatonchiere's many heads are basically irrelevant in terms of mechanics (oooh I get a spot bonus, WOOHOO!).

But that aside I think we have to assume the Hecatonchiere is a very weak ENTITY that just got its mechanics all messed up somewhere. Personally I think they should be a challenge for a greater deity - since the three Hecatonchieres were able to swing the Titanomachy for Zeus.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Revised and Updated

Dancing Objects (Su)
An object (or objects), or portion (or portions) thereof, moves (or move) and attacks (or attack), according to your whims, in a manner similar to a chain (or chains) controlled by the dancing chains spell and/or an object controlled by the animated object spell.
Prerequisites: Divine Aura, Possession, Self Mastery.
Benefit: An object (or objects), or portion (or portions) thereof, moves (or move) and attacks (or attack), according to your whims, in a manner similar to a chain (or chains) controlled by the dancing chains spell and/or an object controlled by the animated object spell. Each controlled object, or portion thereof, inflicts bludgeoning, piercing, and/or slashing damage as the heaviest object you can wield in one hand, although you may elect to inflict lesser damage, nonlethal damage, or even no damage. Each controlled object, or portion thereof, is treated as a minor artifact and a natural part of your physiology, although it loses these and all other enhancements immediately upon leaving your divine aura.
Special: This ability works in conjunction with Mask of Darkness, Object [Effect], and Raiment of Darkness.

Last edited:

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Fecundity
Your presence enriches plant life, neutralizes disease and poison in the environment, and makes plant life grow.
Prerequisites:Divine Aura, Knowledge (nature) R40
Benefit: Your presence enriches plant life, neutralizes disease and poison in the environment, and makes plant life grow. This functions similarly to the following spells: neutralize poison (environment), plant growth (enrichment and overgrowth), remove disease (environment), except, it encompasses everything within your divine aura.

Also, for simplification of the Divine Wizardry and Divine Sorcery abilities...since flavor-wise the ability names themselves are extremely confusing to most of my fellow gamers.

Eldritch Knowledge (Su)
Prerequisites: Spellcraft 40 Ranks
Benefit: Double your number of Spells Known for each level.

Eldritch Power (Su)
Prerequisites: Spellcraft 40 Ranks
Benefit: Double your number of Spell Slots for each level.

Likewise for psionics...as affixing specific class names to powers causes a lot of confusion.

Inner Knowledge (Su)
Prerequisites: Psicraft 40 Ranks
Benefit: Double your number of Powers Known for each level.

Inner Power (Su)
Prerequisites: Psicraft 40 Ranks
Benefit: Double your number of Power Points for each level.

or possibly...

Numinous Knowledge (Su)
Prerequisites: Psicraft 40 Ranks (manifesters) or Spellcraft 40 Ranks (spellcasters).
Benefit: Double your number of Powers Known (manifesters) or Spells Known (spellcasters).
Special: This ability can be taken twice. Each time you take it, it applies to either your manifesting classes (manifesters) or your spellcasting classes (spellcasters).

Numinous Power (Su)
Prerequisites: Psicraft 40 Ranks (manifesters) or Spellcraft 40 Ranks (spellcasters).
Benefit: Double your number of Power Points (manifesters), Unique Powers per Day (erudites), and Epic Power Slots (manifesters) or Spell Slots (spellcasters).
Special: This ability can be taken twice. Each time you take it, it applies to either your manifesting classes (manifesters) or your spellcasting classes (spellcasters).

The ultimate simplification.

Last edited:

Evilmonkeygod

First Post
hey Dante,
you're Psionic abilities are mildly confusing as Psions gain a maximum number of both Powers and Power Points, which grow over levels. As written, the above abilities seem to double the number of powers and PP gained at each level, which would gain you an incredibly massive amount of both.

It should be a straight doubling of your powers known and PPs, so if your a 10 level Psion, 176 PPs and would know 42 powers. what you seem to be suggesting is a 10th level Psion would get 720 PPs and have knowledge of 240 powers.

Remove ads