• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Custom divine abilities, portfolios, etc.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
That doubling at each level wording is actually taken from Krusty's particular penchant for wording. You should see Divine Sorcerer and Divine Wizard. I'd personally word it differently for just the reason you mention, but I guess Krusty does it differently so I'm stuck with it till he mentions a particular change.

I definitely agree with you though, it does sound confusing.

I will change it for Numinous Knowledge and Numinous Power which encapsulate both Psionics and Magic.

Here you go...

Numinous Knowledge (Su)
Prerequisites: Psicraft 40 Ranks (manifesters) or Spellcraft 40 Ranks (spellcasters).
Benefit: Double your number of Powers Known (manifesters) or Spells Known (spellcasters).
Special: This ability can be taken twice. Each time you take it, it applies to either your manifesting classes (manifesters) or your spellcasting classes (spellcasters).

Numinous Power (Su)
Prerequisites: Psicraft 40 Ranks (manifesters) or Spellcraft 40 Ranks (spellcasters).
Benefit: Double your number of Power Points (manifesters), Unique Powers per Day (erudites), and Epic Power Slots (manifesters) or Spell Slots (spellcasters).
Special: This ability can be taken twice. Each time you take it, it applies to either your manifesting classes (manifesters) or your spellcasting classes (spellcasters).

The ultimate simplification.

Evilmonkeygod

First Post
Also, i take it these were supposed to be Divine Abilities?

and what are peoples thoughts on a Epic feat that grants you a fair amount more spells per day/known/PP/Powers Known? say 6 or so spells per day/known/powers known and say +30 PP per taking?

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Yup, they're divine. I was contemplating a cosmic variation on the Enlightened and Ensorcelled abilities. Something to simply the whole thing along the same lines.

Thus avoiding thematic abrasions.

Essentially...

Numinous Empowerment...

and...

Numinous Enlightenment.

Evilmonkeygod

First Post
Ya, i know WD, but considering the scope and power inherent in UKs universe, those seem weak and thus i suggested a revision to bring them in line with the rest of the feats.

shadethief

First Post
Would a divine ability that let you swap your primary spellcasting attribute from one mental attribute to another be the correct power level, or would it be more suited to an epic feat? Something requiring Int, Wis, or Cha 30, ability to cast 6th level spells, maybe?

Howdy Shadethief dude! :)

shadethief said:
Would a divine ability that let you swap your primary spellcasting attribute from one mental attribute to another be the correct power level, or would it be more suited to an epic feat? Something requiring Int, Wis, or Cha 30, ability to cast 6th level spells, maybe?

Well it seems you are after a power that lets you use your highest mental stat for 'jobs' it wasn't designed for. Such as Charisma for Divine Spellcasting.

I'm sort of thinking that would be a divine power, or an epic feat if you are really specific about what you want to use the other stat for.

shadethief

First Post
Actually, I was thinking strictly in terms of class based spellcasting. Like having a druid whose spellcasting, save dc's, etc. would be based off of Charisma instead of Wis. All other aspects of the spellcasting would be unchanged.

Divine or cosmic?

HOLLOW TOUGHNESS (EX)
Your force of personality physically fortifies your being.
Prerequisites: No Constitution score.
Benefit: Your Charisma modifier replaces your Constitution modifier to determine bonus hit points, thus letting you receive bonus hit points from your Hit Dice even without a Constitution score.
Normal: You do not receive bonus hit points from your Hit Dice without a Constitution score.

Cosmic or transcendental?

UNTOUCHABLE (EX)
Your stalwart shell repels all who would dare lay a finger on you.
Prerequisites: Carapace, Exoskeleton, Hyperostosis, Squamous.
Benefit: Your natural armor bonus applies to touch attack rolls made against you.
Normal: Touch attack rolls made agains your ignore your natural armor bonus.

EDIT: Hollow Toughness should use your Charisma modifier, not your Wisdom modifier.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads