• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Custom divine abilities, portfolios, etc.

DamienWilacoth

First Post
Divine or Cosmic? I'm thinking Divine.

Improved Animal Companion Bond (Ex)
Prerequisites: Animal Companion class feature from a class that uses 1/2 of your class level to determine the strength of your animal companion.
Benefit: Your animal companion now uses your full class level to determine its strength.

Real Sorceror

First Post
Divine or Cosmic? I'm thinking Divine.

Improved Animal Companion Bond (Ex)
Prerequisites: Animal Companion class feature from a class that uses 1/2 of your class level to determine the strength of your animal companion.
Benefit: Your animal companion now uses your full class level to determine its strength.
The only class I can think of that does that is Ranger, which is just treated as equal to a Druid's level -3. In that case, I'd just make it an epic feat.

DamienWilacoth

First Post
The only class I can think of that does that is Ranger, which is just treated as equal to a Druid's level -3. In that case, I'd just make it an epic feat.

There's also the problem that a ranger's effective druid level for animal companion is always treated by as one-half of his ranger level. That's a pretty wide gap for a feat.

Yqatuba

First Post
Thought of a couple:

Opportunity Shot (divine)
Prerequisites: 40 dex, combat reflexes
Benefit: You can make attacks of opportunity with ranged weapons.

Merciful [effect] (divine)
Benefit: You gain an effect dealing d8 nonlethal damage based on your hd (for example a lesser deity (45 HD) taking merciful beam would get a ranged touch attack dealing 11d8 nonlethal damage)
Special: This effect can be taken multiple times and its effects stack.
Each time it is taken it either applies to a different effect, or it applies to the same effect as follows:
Taken twice = Greater Merciful [Effect], original effect doubled.
Taken three times = Superior Merciful[Effect], original effect tripled.
Taken four times = Perfect Merciful [Effect], original effect
quadrupled.
Taken five times = Merciful Mastery, use any type of merciful effect.
Taken six times = Uncanny Merciful Mastery, shape area effects to
only target enemies.

Know Alignment (divine)
Prerequisites: 40 wis
Benefit: You know the alignment of all who you look upon

What do you think?

Last edited:

Yqatuba

First Post
(deleted cause there already is an ability like it)

Spell Eater (divine ability)
Prerequisites: spellcraft 40 ranks
Benefit: Any spell that fails to penetrate your spell resistance heals you for 10 points per spell level (level 0 spells heal 5 points)

Last edited:

Yqatuba

First Post
Cosmic Opportunist (need better name maybe?) (cosmic ability)

Prerequisites: 70 dex, opportunity shot
Benefit: You can make attacks of opportunity with any attack requiring a ranged touch, including spells or beam effects

Severance (divine ability)
Prerequisites: 40 str, BAB +40
Benefit: All slashing weapons you wield are treated as vorpal.

Someone tell me what you think of all these

Last edited:

Hey there Yqatuba dude! :)

Yqatuba said:
Cosmic Opportunist (need better name maybe?) (cosmic ability)

Prerequisites: 70 dex, opportunity shot
Benefit: You can make attacks of opportunity with any attack requiring a ranged touch, including spells or beam effects

Severance (cosmic ability)
Prerequisites: 70 str, BAB +70
Benefit: All slashing weapons you wield are treated as vorpal.

Someone tell me what you think of all these

I definately think Severance is underpowered. Firstly, Vorpal, as an ability is just a divine ability. Secondly, it can already be handled without Divine Abilities using the Meta-Martial rules in Ascension.

I'm unsure of how balanced Cosmi Opprtunist is - too long away from 3E. :confused:

Remove ads