• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Custom NPC's wanted!

Arlough

Explorer
I need help creating a veritable cornucopia of NPCs.

I am running a campaign based somewhat off of Hunter X Hunter.
For those of you who don't know the reference, basically you have a bunch of the worlds best trying out for endorsement of a multi-nationally respected organization of super-adventurers.
:erm:
Anyway, I need about 30 NPC's built for levels 6 - 10. I can build a few, but in order to ensure they all feel like different personalities and styles, I am asking for help in this.

So, if you have the time, could you generate an NPC, with a quick write up of personality, quirks, combat style and tactics.
As these NPC are competing with the PCs, they should also have 2 - 5 skills with at least one in which they excel.

I thank you all in advance, and can't wait to see what you come up with.

Arlough

Explorer
Are you looking for skills-based minions, or only full-fledged combative NPCs?

Both, really, but mostly the latter.
Skill based minions would be good to add flavor to the otherwise faceless masses of applicants that will eventually be whittled down to only a few, but their roles will not be significant in the larger scheme of things.

Thanks

eriktheguy

First Post
I use the monster tools adventure builder for Combat NPCs. Just pick the appropriate role and level, make it standard or elite to suit my purposes, and give it a few attack powers that fit.

For skill based NPCs, I would probably just use level + 6 for trained skills, and level -2 for untrained. Each NPC has 5 trained skills, 5hp/level.

Anyways, that's my KISS technique at work, but you could always use something like that as a starting point and expand on the more important individuals depending on which NPCs your players interact with.

No point in fleshing out 30 NPCs when the party is going to ignore half of them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads