CV: Ascetic Feats

Bront

The man with the probe
Feats for the Multiclass Monk:
Ascetic Hunter
Ascetic Knight
Ascetic Mage
Ascetic Rogue

They allow a suboptimal built to be a little less suboptimal. I'm willing to vote YES to all of them :)

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
I agree with Bront's general opinion. However, I am concerned about the fact that they basically allow a CV-owning 'aristocracy' to play these builds while others cannot. How will we deal with this?

Bront

The man with the probe
It's a problem we'll have with allowing any of the books in the game beyond the SRD. People interested in the feats will have plenty of people to ask about them.

Not trying to sound cold here, but realy, if we're going to open up to some additional material, we'll have to accept that not everyone will have access to all the books, and work with it the best we can.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
These feats (and the corresponding paladin ones in the other thread) are more powerful than the Knight Training and Monastic Training feats in the ECS (which just allow free multiclassing). Someone w/o CV who just has the ECS can still do the multiclass combo, just w/o the added benes (bonus to stun DC, increased damage, etc.).

Patlin

Explorer
You can own a book, borrow a book, or even just talk to someone who has read the book. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Asking for suggestions here or in the rules forum will probably get you familiar with 30 feats you've never actually seen...

Bront

The man with the probe
Yup, it's just the nature of the beast unfortunately.

Probably something we'll need to address though.

Remove ads