• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 D&D 2.0 Multiclassing in D&D 3.5, via Gestalt rules

Matrixryu

First Post
TL,DR

Here's my take on gestalt (and can easily be used in the same party as non-gestalt)

Lol, yea, I do tend to type too much when explaining things.

The funny thing is, that's actually the same as my version since both assume that a gesalt paying double exp is the same as a normal character. I just spent a lot of time trying to explain why it is balanced, and tried to come up with additional rules to cover up problems with the gesalt rules like rogue/assassins getting double sneak attack. I think it is about time for me to post a draft of my version since I think I have things mostly figured out now.

Also, here's one thing that I thought up. If anyone doesn't want to deal with having gesalt characters and normal characters in the same party, you can use these rules as a guide for creating new hybrid classes. Just put together your level 15 gesalt, then try and then create a 20 level class with the same abilities spread over 20 levels. You just need to remove a few things to account for the extra bonus feats a char gets between lvl 15 and 20.

Edit: Lol, I just read more in your link, and it turns out that you went through the same discussion about balancing different gesalt combinations, and came up with the idea of converting a gesalt into a single class too. It is nice to see that I'm not the only one who has been looking into this.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads