D&D Movie/TV D&D 2 is possibility still

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So you are expecting sales to have increased by 50%, like the Google searches did?
Pretty much one to one, yes. Not that every click is a sale, but every X clicks equals Y sales. When X goes up by 50%, then Y also rises proportionately. That's why advertising is such a big industry, it works.

Maybe there aren't more players thanks this movie, but Hasbro will be happy if they make more money from other sources, like toys and videogames.

I guess to save money they aren't going filming outdoors but (near) nature zones because European ancient castles and other buildings need more budget.

Hasbro may offer Paramount the licence of old franchise, because if Barbie has worked well, there will be more movies based in Mattel toys, the next one will be Polly Pocket.

Zardnaar

Legend
Maybe there aren't more players thanks this movie, but Hasbro will be happy if they make more money from other sources, like toys and videogames.

I guess to save money they aren't going filming outdoors but (near) nature zones because European ancient castles and other buildings need more budget.

Hasbro may offer Paramount the licence of old franchise, because if Barbie has worked well, there will be more movies based in Mattel toys, the next one will be Polly Pocket.

Fantasy movies not filmed in New Zealand don't tend to do well;)

Some Lord of the Rings and Willow shots turn camera 90 degrees and you're in a city or beside the road.

mamba

Legend
Pretty much one to one, yes. Not that every click is a sale, but every X clicks equals Y sales. When X goes up by 50%, then Y also rises proportionately. That's why advertising is such a big industry, it works.
I guess we will see. I agree that X more searches result in Y more sales, but I do not think this is proportional at all, ie 50% more searches may be 5-10% more sales. I expect a lot of sales to basically be independent of any search

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Given the poor box office performance of the recent Marvel movies, they did succeed ;)
I know it might feel good to take a shot at Marvel, but D&D:HAT could double it's box office and still be short of the worst of the Marvel moves from 2022 & 2023 so far. They've only performed poorly compared to other Marvel movies, not in general.

Box office
D&D: Honor Among Thieves: $208m

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania: $476m
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness: $955m
Thor: Love and Thunder: $760m
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever: $859m

EDIT: (Source: googling "[name] box office" on July 31, 2023.)

delericho

Legend
not sure I consider that to be anywhere near the best… I feel cheated when the actor that is all over the trailer is just a cameo

Agreed. Indeed, the trailers for D&DHAT somehow managed to fake out the audience in a different way, by omitting the character right at the heart of things.

Also, as I said before, I would not mind different chars altogether. To me there is no need to bring any of them back.

I'd be tempted to bring only Hugh Grant back - have him discover something in that prison, recruit a team, break out and go be Big Damn Heroes. Basically, D&D meets Suicide Squad.

I also might be inclined to have him be recruited by the Harpers at the end of that film, thus setting up the next parts of their universe.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
In e-commerce, there is always a pretty direct link. More clicks = more buys, in the aggregate.
This absolutely, completely untrue.

Attribution is nearly dead now. Zero click marketing is not just a trend, but the standard thanks to Google breaking itself and social downgrading links for a decade

Ferrousbones

Artificer
I know it might feel good to take a shot at Marvel, but D&D:HAT could double it's box office and still be short of the worst of the Marvel moves from 2022 & 2023 so far. They've only performed poorly compared to other Marvel movies, not in general.

Box office
D&D: Honor Among Thieves: $208m

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania: $476m
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness: $955m
Thor: Love and Thunder: $760m
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever: $859m

EDIT: (Source: googling "[name] box office" on July 31, 2023.)
For context:

Honor Among Thieves budget = $150m (box office was about 138.67% of budget)

Quantumania budget = $200m (box office was about 238% of budget)
Multiverse of Madness budget = $200m (box office was about 477.5% of budget
Love and Thunder budget = $250m (box office was about 304% of budget)
Wakanda Forever budget = $250m (box office was about 343.6% of budget)

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
For context:

Honor Among Thieves budget = $150m (box office was about 138.67% of budget)

Quantumania budget = $200m (box office was about 238% of budget)
Multiverse of Madness budget = $200m (box office was about 477.5% of budget
Love and Thunder budget = $250m (box office was about 304% of budget)
Wakanda Forever budget = $250m (box office was about 343.6% of budget)
What's your source for this? I listed mine, and these numbers are much lower.

Remove ads