• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3.0: Good Choices for Polymorph Self?

StealthyMark

First Post
I'm not very firm with Ploymorph effects in general. What are good choices for a pixie Druid 7 with access to Polymorph Self (CL8), using only PHB, MM, DMG 3.0? BTW, in this campaign, all casters have Natural Spell.

Last edited:

Infiniti2000

First Post
The beauty about polymorph self is that it's highly dependent upon the situation at hand. If you are fighting iron golems, for instance, you want to polymorph into a rust monster. So, what situation are you in or what kind of problems are you looking to solve?

Thanee

First Post
In 3.0 you can only polymorph into forms one size larger than yourself, that rules out most good combat forms, actually. It's still nice for stealth or maneuvering, but a pixie is pretty good at that to begin with, so the benefit is only minor.

Bye
Thanee

StealthyMark

First Post
Infiniti2000 said:
So, what situation are you in or what kind of problems are you looking to solve?
The setting is mostly a vast forest. Typical enemies include drow, dragons, humanoids, giants, and other forest-dwelling beasts. Plus possibly devils. A little city/cave adventuring is also included. My fellow party members are a black bear Rgr8 and a human Sor8 (the joys of Reincarnate).

I'm looking for forms which provide me with abilities my spells (currently up to 4th level druid spells) or my natural form (pixie) can't provide. E.g. melee beatstick, darkvision etc.

• I'm uncertain about type and hitdice limitations.
  • Can I polymorph into a dragon?
  • Do I acquire type/subtype?

Please note, we're using the 3.0 PHB - without errata.

Remove ads