• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D&D 3.5/Eberron] A Quick One While He's Away

MadMaxim

First Post
Gannon walks up to the half-elf at the desk and makes a little bow to her, behaving as well as possible to give her a good impression of him. I don't think she's used to such gentleman manners in these parts of town. It might even make our ride a bit cheaper.

"Greetings, miss. We're a little group of explorers who would like to get to the fabled continent of Xen'drik as fast as possible. We're talking transportation, of course. What options can you give us and how much do they cost? And I must say that your hair looks lovely." He points towards the rest of the group and puts on his most charming smile.

OOC: Gannon may be a good guy, but he knows the value of money, so if he can possibly get a lower price by behaving well he will try to take advantage of it. Compliments do go a long way most of the time ;)

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
She smiles at the compliment, but otherwise says nothing. "To Xen'drik. All four of you?" She takes a look over the party, raising an eyebrow when she sees Rawhide, but, again, she says nothing. "Passage over to Stormreach on a House Lyrandar sailing ship will cost," she looks at the ledger, "around 1000 gold. How soon did you want to leave?"

She smiles as she waits for your answer.

Krug

Newshound
"A THOUSAND GOLD??? WHAT ARE YOU BRINGING US THERE ON??? SOME BLOOMING PINK DRAGON??? WITH FRILLS AND GOLD CURLS??" says Plonk, unable to control himself, even if he's not making much sense.

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

Her smile vanishes, but her tone remains unaltered. "Most of the cargo ships will take a month to reach Xen'drik and cost 300 gold. House Lyrandar's ships can make the passage in about eleven days, roughly a third of the time. We think the increased cost is more than fair."

She pauses and then glances at Gannon. "And that's not even counting the fact that I actually had offered your group a discount over our standard rates. I'm not authorized to make any further concessions. If you'd like to negotiate further," she emphasizes 'negotiate' sarcastically, "you'll have to talk to my superior."

MadMaxim

First Post
A thousand gold pieces! We could buy several apartments here in Sharn for that kind of money! Gannon does his best to conceal the same kind of shock that Plonk just got. Okay, so the fastest means of transportation are obviously out of the question... And I'm not that keen on spending an entire month on a boat in the middle of nowhere.

"Excuse me, miss. I need to consult my partners in this matter. I'll be right back." Gannon walks back to the group and kneels in front of Plonk. He whispers to the gnome: "Okay, calm down, Plonk. Unless we want to spend an entire month on a boat we'd better pay. I don't know about you, but I don't want to spend that much time on the sea. Our mission is rather urgent, so we need to find a way to come up with that amount of money really fast. Otherwise, we're going nowhere."

Krug

Newshound
"I vote against it," snarls the gnome. "Probably stuff us in their cargo hold next to some... tree or something! Even if it's a month I would still prefer the slower alternative! I will not let myself be ripped off!" He votes against taking the half-elves transport.

MadMaxim

First Post
"Okay, fair enough..." Gannon sighs. "What about the two of you?" He points at Rawhide and Flawed. "If Plonk disagrees we can take a slower alternative and leave this place, but I don't think we'll get better rooms onboard one of the merchant ships."

Ashy

First Post
Rawhide shrugs, still trying to figure out how one can get dishes inside of food, but finally his mind struggles through the darkness into a discovery. "Hey, how's about wes volunteer to help out on da ship? Like meybe guards or somefin?" He smiles a bit and then flashes his "Gannon-face" to the lady with the pretty hair, hoping to charm her with his newly learned manners...

Old Fezziwig

The half-elf lady frowns momentarily then starts to laugh as Rawhide makes the "Gannon-face." She composes herself quickly and continues. "You want to help out on board? That's beyond my jurisdiction, but you can certainly talk to Jorune if you're serious about working for us on the crossing. If you'd like to talk about it a bit more, I'll go see if Jorune is here now." She opens the door behind her and leaves you alone for a moment.

Krug

Newshound
"Yes help out..." says Plonk, his eyes gllittering with anticipation. He looked around the room to see if there was anything... interesting.

Remove ads