• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3.5: Elements of Evil

whisperknife

First Post
I'm looking for 4 or 5* players for a PbP game to be run on my messageboard http://dracolytedgn.suddenlaunch3.com/.

*If a strong healer type is not created, the 5th spot will be filled by an NPC cleric.

Below is a quick list of the more important rules and guidelines of the game. The full list can be found in the Out of Character Discussion section of the messageboard.

Modules used (revised to 3.5):
1. Gary Gygax's Temple of Elemental Evil (modified to better fit RttToEE).
2. Monte Cook's Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil.
3. Various supplements from Dungeon Magazine and WotC's "Original Adventures".

Note: All have been modified for quicker play due to internet limitations.

Character Creation:
1st level.
Ability Scores: 40 Point Buy. One ability score may be reduced to 6 for an extra pt.
Starting wealth: 200gp, with no item valued at more than 100gp.

Races/Classes/Feats/Skills/Gear/Deities: If it's not from the Core 3 books, just ask me. My local gaming group's collection consists of almost every WotC's D&D product as of 3rd edition's release. Please provide the source and page number.

Characters must obtain two levels in a class before changing to a new class.

Minimum of 6 posts per week.

No Evil alignments, No Chaotic Neutrals.

Last edited:

Ilium

First Post
I'd be interested in this for sure. Question: I have never read the original material but I have played the computer game Temple of Elemental Evil. Do I have too much OOC knowledge to play?

whisperknife

First Post
I have played the computer game Temple of Elemental Evil. Do I have too much OOC knowledge to play

My understanding is that Troika made the game as close to the original adventure as possible. I've played the game myself; unfortunately, the programming bugs kept me from getting very far.

Even with some of the changes I've made, you will have a big upperhand in many situations if you use what you know from the game. If you feel you can avoid metagaming enough to put your character in peril - when you know better, but s/he is unaware - then tryout.

Kafkonia

First Post
Your board is blocked from here at work (that wouldn't be a problem, I could post from home) so I hope you don't mind me putting my application in this thread. Without further ado, I give you...

Augustus Heresiarch
Human Cloistered Cleric (from the Unearthed Arcana in the SRD) of Boccob

Background: Having spent most of his life living and studying in the temples of his religion, Augustus has been sent to the outside world to learn more about magic and its practitioners. He doesn't like getting involved in combat, but has quickly learned that most of the knowledge he seeks will drag him at least to the fringes of the fray.

Alignment: Neutral Good

Code:
STR:  8 (-1)   BAB: 0
DEX:  8 (-1)   HP: 6  AC: 10(base) + 4(armor) - 1(dex) = 13
CON: 10 (+0)   FORT: 2  REF: -1  WILL: 6
INT: 18 (+4)   Domains: Trickery, Magic, Knowledge (bonus domain from class)
WIS: 18 (+4)   Feats: Skill Focus (Knowledge: Arcana); Skill Focus: Decipher Script
CHA: 14 (+3)

[U]Skills[/U] (Rank + Ability + Misc = Total)
Know: Arcana (4 + 4 + 3 = 11)
Know: Religion (4 + 4 + 0 = 8)
Know: Planes (4 + 4 + 0 = 8)
Know: Nature (4 + 4 + 0 = 8)
Know: History (4 + 4 + 0 = 8)
Decipher Script (4 + 4 + 3 = 11)
Spellcraft (4 + 4 + 0 = 8)
Concentration (4 + 0 + 0 = 4)
Heal (4 + 4 + 0 = 8)
Hide (4 - 1 + 0 = 3)
Bluff (4 + 4 + 0 = 8)

[u]Spells[/u]
[i]0 Level[/i] -- Read Magic; Detect Magic; Message
[i]1st Level[/i] -- Protection from Evil; Identify; Detect Secret Doors*

[u]Special[/u]
Lore (as Bardic Lore with Cleric Level instead of Bard Level)

[u]Gear[/u]
Quarterstaff -- d6-1/d6-1, 20/x2, 4 lbs, bludgeoning, n/a GP
Chain Shirt -- AC 4, Max Dex 4, AC Penalty -2, 25 lbs, 100 GP
Wooden Holy Symbol -- 1 GP
Cleric's Vestments -- 5 GP, 6 lbs
Ink (1 oz) -- 8 GP
Pen -- 1 SP
4 Sheets Parchment -- 8 SP
Bedroll -- 1 SP
Healer's Kit -- 50 GP, 1 lbs
Scroll of Magic Missile -- 25 GP

Last edited:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
(You might get more responses if you advertise in the 'recruit games here' thread) :)

Remove ads