• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3.5, Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting (Full)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
You have been called by a voice, a powerful spirit, to come to a small village. There you meet Sallahtuwlishion, an old dragon posing in the form of a human. She tells you of a disturbance in the east, caused by an wild brood of red members of her kind, all led by one Melniirkumaukrekon. You are to stop this family's tyranny any way that you can. And you will be greatly rewarded for you efforts.

I'll be DMing this game in the Forgotten Realms CS. We'll start at level 11 with standard gold for 11th level characters: 66,000gp. You can spend all your gold on one item if you wish, I'm waiving that rule. You can use just about anything from any book. If it's anything from non-core materials, though, tell me before you use it and I'll give the okay. If I veto something that you've got your heart set on, we might be able to work something out. If you have some custom material you want to use, be it magic items, prestige classes, whatever, just post it and I'll give it the okay. Again, my veto is somewhat negotiable.

I'd like you to keep any ECLs at +3 and below. The lower, the better. No half-fiend, half-celestial, half-dragon, vampire lycanthrope lich wizards, please. Your alignments can be anything but Chaotic Evil, and if you choose to be evil, your actions must not affect the party coherency adversely. A good, fairly detailed biography is suggested, with some information at the end about how you received Sallahtuwlishion's call.

The blurb at the top is just that: a blurb. I plan on roleplaying it a bit more and expanding far more, so don't worry about that. I'm just informing you all on the kind of campaign I'm thinking about running here. I am flexible, we'll see how things run. The goal is, of course, to have fun!

So, without further ado, apply away, players!

Last edited:

Kaitlin

First Post
I'm interested. If you'll have me, I'd like to join.

EDIT: I also was thinking about playing a rogue, but that's okay if we want more class variety.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
SomethingFaster: Excellent! Submit your character when you are ready, I'll take a look.

Kaitlin: Depending on the type of response I get, we may well be able to have two rogues, but you sound flexible. Hold on creating your rogue for now. I'll understand if you don't want to play if you're not a rogue or... whatever. :)

Krug: Great! Make away!

EVERYBODY: Things I forgot in the first post:

Abilities will be a standard, 34 point buy, as presented in the DMG. No score bases (meaning, without racial modifiers) above 18, please.
Code:
Score   Pts.
8       0
9       1
10      2
11      3
12      4
13      5
14      6
15      8
16      10
17      13
18      16

Also, I'd like you to use this form to submit your character. It's easy for me to read. Eventually I'll make a second thread for the characters, so don't worry about posting out of order or posting several versions.

Code:
[B]Name:[/B] XXXX
[B]Class:[/B] XXXX
[B]Race:[/B] XXXX
[B]Size:[/B] XXXX
[B]Gender:[/B] XXXX
[B]Alignment:[/B] XXXX
[B]Deity:[/B] XXXX

[B]Str:[/B] XX +X (XXp.)     [B]Level:[/B] X        [B]XP:[/B] XXXX
[B]Dex:[/B] XX +X (XXp.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +X         [B]HP:[/B] XXX (XdX+XX)
[B]Con:[/B] XX +X (XXp.)     [B]Grapple:[/B] +X     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] XX/XXXX
[B]Int:[/B] XX +X (XXp.)     [B]Speed:[/B] XX'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] XX
[B]Wis:[/B] XX +X (XXp.)     [B]Init:[/B] +X        [B]Spell Save:[/B] +X
[B]Cha:[/B] XX +X (XXp.)     [B]ACP:[/B] -X         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] XX%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +X    +X    +X    +X    +X    +X    XX
[B]Touch:[/B] XX              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] XX

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      X    +X          +X
[B]Ref:[/B]                       X    +X          +X
[B]Will:[/B]                      X    +X          +X

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
XXXX                      +X     XdXX+X     XX-XXxX

[B]Languages:[/B] XXXX

[B]Abilities:[/B] XXXX

[B]Feats:[/B] XXXX

[B]Skill Points:[/B] XX       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] X/X
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
XXXX                       X    +X          +X

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
XXXX                     XXcp   XXlb
XXXX                     XXsp   XXlb
XXXX                     XXgp   XXlb
XXXX                     XXgp   XXlb
[B]Total Weight:[/B]XXlb      [B]Money:[/B] XXgp XXsp XXcp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]               XXX   XXX   XXX   XXX   XXX

[B]Age:[/B] XX
[B]Height:[/B] X'XX"
[B]Weight:[/B] XXXlb
[B]Eyes:[/B] XXXX
[B]Hair:[/B] XXXX
[B]Skin:[/B] XXXX
Appearance: XXXX

Background: XXXX

Harvey

First Post
I am also definitely interested, though not sure what. Quick question: do you also want us to specify ability score increases due to leveling to 11th?

Harvey

First Post
Am thinking of going with a Pal/Ftr with 4 levels of Aglarondan Griffonrider. Do you foresee a problem with my character flying on a griffin most of the time? (i.e., it'd be pretty unfeasible in an underdark campaign).

Also, roll for HP? If so, any website of choice you prefer the rolls to be made at?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads