• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3.5 has arrived in Ottawa, ON, Canada!

Winterthorn

Monster Manager
I don't know if I'm the first ENWorld member to see 3.5 in a store in Canada, but I got mine today! Woo-hoo! :)

Fandom II, my FLGS in Ottawa is selling the PH + DMG + MM trio at $100.00 CDN. If you add tax it comes to $107.00 for the set. Otherwise they're charging $41.73 each book (that includes the 7% GST).

Amazon.ca has a somewhat better deal that would total $101.02 (3 times 31.47 + GST, and accounts for free shipping).

I would have saved $6 if I bought the books online... (Big deal. $6 CDN doesn't buy much these days anyways! ;) )

If it wasn't for the good price today, I would've waited for the SRD. (I'll probably download the SRD later on for laptop use for those more portable gaming sessions :) )

So, anyone else with their fresh spanking new copies? :D

-W.

PS: The 3.5 DMG looks fabulous! All DM's should at least borrow a copy for reference if they don't buy it.

Last edited:

Grey Regions in Toronto is also selling them. However, I'm getting them via Amazon.

Grey Regions has a sale on the first Sunday of every month. If you can wait, try then.

Darth Shoju

First Post
Winnipeg had it on the 17th. One of our FLGSs is selling it for $39.00 before tax, while another is selling it for $36.00 before tax.

blakwind

First Post
I also bought my set from Fandom II in Ottawa today for C$107 (including tax).

Edit: Appended the "including tax" bit.

Last edited:

Acmite

First Post
(Psi)SeveredHead said:
Grey Regions in Toronto is also selling them. However, I'm getting them via Amazon.

Grey Regions has a sale on the first Sunday of every month. If you can wait, try then.

Where is Grey Regions?

I've been to the Hairy T (man, they gouge there), the 401 Convenience and Nexus X before they suddenly imploded.

Here in Waterloo there are at least 2 places with heavy discounts. One is selling them for $34.95 if you're with the University Gaming Club (I'm not sure what they're charging everyone else), and teh other has them stickered at $33.50 for everyone. The SRP is $44.95, although apparently it isn't printed on the books which is odd for WotC.

krbrunn

First Post
I got the PHB in Kamloops B.C., so if your town doesn't have it yet.... I feel bad that you live in a crappier town then Kamloops.

:D

PowerWordDumb

First Post
LA Mood in London Ontario had 'em today. $128 after tax for the set is a little more than some of you guys paid, but that gets you 10% back as credit for other game purchases as part of their loyalty program.

Plus, they really do put the "F" in FLGS. Good folks!

Acmite said:

Where is Grey Regions?

I've been to the Hairy T (man, they gouge there), the 401 Convenience and Nexus X before they suddenly imploded.

Here in Waterloo there are at least 2 places with heavy discounts. One is selling them for $34.95 if you're with the University Gaming Club (I'm not sure what they're charging everyone else), and teh other has them stickered at $33.50 for everyone. The SRP is $44.95, although apparently it isn't printed on the books which is odd for WotC.

Grey Regions is on Yonge just South of Wellesley in Toronto.

Hairy T gave me the impression they didn't like 3.5 and were only going to get two copies. A friend of mine bought the MM 3.5 (for himself, but he's lending it to me) but I have to wait until tomorrow. Arrghhh!

Remove ads