D&D 3.5 Planescape - "Here, There, and In-Between"

WeaveWarden

First Post
System Being Used: D&D 3.5
Name of Game: Here, There, and In-Between
Where to Go: The Recruitment Thread
When to Apply By: November 8th, 2006.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is an advertisement for an online game over at Myth-Weavers.com. If you're interested in what you see, check out the main recruitment thread for the game.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here, There, and In-Between

“So you’ve never been to Sigil, eh? Well what a treat you’re in for. Just don’t step into the Lady’s shadow or you’ll be written in the dead-book before you can scream.”

-Yommon Grog, Planar Guide and Resident of Sigil

Game Type and Setting

Dungeons and Dragons 3.5- Planescape 3.5 found here. Please restrict yourself to this page and its contents only, please. Most of the rest of the info is monsters and such and I want as little metagaming as possible. (There is a god, its name is Meta, it is the god of the 4th wall and enforces against breaches by sodding berks thereof)

Planescape 3.5 takes place 5 years after the Faction War ended so some things have changed.

Game Master

Thwyvylyn

Game Explanation

You are traveling on or with a pilgrimage to the Singing Cathedral in the elemental plane of Air. This doesn’t mean you have to be religious; you might be going there to see the architecture or to hear the music that is played there or just cause you got bored. Doesn’t matter why really. The game starts off in Sigil.

Application Process

I will be accepting applications from now until November 8th at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time or potentially earlier if enough people get good concepts in. Post your character concepts here. I will be taking between 4 and 6 players, most likely 6 just to keep things moving and to provide more potential viewpoints.

Character Creation

Starting ECL is 7 with the associated jinx (wealth). 32 point buy for stats. Most any race is acceptable including Eberron ones as long as they don’t come from Eberron. Kalashtar and Warforged will have different origins but the same stats since Quori don’t play the same roll in the regular multiverse that they do in Eberron and there are no Xen’drick giants or House Cannith to build Warforged. I discourage subraces as being simply tacky unless they are distinctly different from the baseline, (Svirfneblins for instance are fine.) If you want to play something really of the wall like a fiendish ooze go ahead and post, just make sure that the ooze has one heck of a personality (Intelligence template Living spells fall into this category). Feats that are regional must be taken by people from that region so no taking Thay feats if you ain’t from Thay. Most any base class is also acceptable. PrCs should be taken carefully and should fit character concept as I see the concept. Sorcerers get Eschew Materials as a bonus feat. Psionics are totally fine. If you plan on taking the leadership feat talk to me first. I reserve the right to veto anything I find Muchkin-like or just plain against concept. If you want to play evil or chaotic neutral talk to me beforehand so I know you truly understand what those concepts mean.

Acceptable Source Material

Anything by Wizards that’s 3.5 excluding the following,

Book of Exalted Deeds
Book of Vile Darkness
Book of Bland Neutrality
Tome of Magic (I don’t own it, otherwise I’d allow it)
Magic of Incarnum (see above)
Complete Psionic (Guess why…see the text next to Tome of Magic)
Anything released the last 3 months, as I have not gotten any of that either (unless it’s part of a web thing)

Most 3.0 as long as it has an official 3.5 conversion.

Other material is case by case.

Additional information or requirements

Planescape has a slang called Planar Cant; it is fairly integral to the setting so expect characters to talk like it where appropriate. I will post a dictionary link for those now familiar with it in the game forum.

Planescape is a highly philosophic setting with a direct emphasis on roleplaying rather than hack and slash (doesn’t mean there won’t be fights) so I expect maturity and respect toward each other (in the OOC, play to character in the game). I prefer those who can post at least once per day but life happens so I don’t hold it firmly against you. If you don’t post for more than 3 days I will puppet-master your character and move things along. If you don’t post for a week without prior notice I will give you a warning that if it keeps up I will drop you. If it keeps up for another week, your character will wander off and I will drop you from the game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Haven't heard of Myth-Weavers before? Simply put, it's a site for playing RPGs online using forum-posting with help from specialized gaming tools like built-in dice-rolling, digital character sheets, and advanced Game Master capabilities. Go here to learn more, browse through the full list of currently-recruiting games, or just hang out with an open-doored game-centered community.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KeithCrimson

First Post
I'm replying here because I don't want to sign up at another forum if you found all the players you need. If you're still in the decision making process I'll sign up and post a concept.

I see that you are expecting at least one post a day. Is there an opprotunity for more? As it is I'm in front of my computer when I work about 8 hours a day.

Would you allow races from Dragon magazine?

Planescape is one of my favorite settings so I'm interested.

WeaveWarden

First Post
Yep, as stated, the application process will be open for a few more days, so you can still apply. Also, the once-a-day posting requirement is definitely a minimum, not a maximum.

As for Races of the Dragon, you'll have to ask the DM directly, either by PM or in the recruitment thread.

Remove ads