DM seeking players for a discord game, D&D 3rd edition

Buufreak

First Post
Long and short of this, I've been incredibly bored lately, and I've got ideas for games to run. The issue is I am quite lacking in IRL players to get such things up and running, so I'm here to see what we can possibly make happen.

But as this is a collaborative game/story telling experience, I want to leave the possibilities up to the group. So I'm going to list a few things, and let's see what happens. It is definitely important to note: due to forum instability, I plan on running any such game on discord. It will still be a play-by-post format, but this should help keep things organized between channels as well as keep the game flowing.

Ideas:

The Trials of the Gods, based on the plane Amonkhet from the Magic: The Gathering universe. Heavy ancient Egyptian themes and character designs, players striving to achieve eternal glory and worth through various tests. The trials include challenges of combat, wit, thinking outside of what is being presented immediately, skill challenges (not the best 8 before 3 thing 4th edition did), and more!

The Legend of Zelda: ISTGINTFP (working title). The world is currently at peace, but trouble can occur anywhere, even in the best of times. The Kingdom is between cycles of heroes and demon kings, so don't expect to see any chosen one or desert warlock in a cowboy hat.

Alternative: you have a big idea? Pitch it. Let's see what we can make of it!

JP82

First Post
I kinda like the Amonkhet thing, though I'm not super familiar with Magic, I always thought the setting was neat. You could probably even pull stuff from DnD Dark Sun material that would be pretty much plug and play.

Remove ads