In Person AD&D in Wilsonville Oregon, USA

satasha

Explorer
What?
I am a DM looking for 2 to 3 players to play in an ongoing game that features short scenarios in many different genres. Some genre examples are traditional or non-traditional fantasy, science fiction, Asian martial arts, espionage, westerns, crime solving, WWII resistance, post-apocalypse, mechas vs, kaiju, and whatever else I can think of.

These short adventure scenarios usually last from 2-8, 3-hour sessions. I use a rules-light, stripped-down, home-brewed version of 1st/2nd edition AD&D; using the combat and saving throw tables, as well as a few other things.

Players are given partially, pregenerated characters with a short background that fits the scenario. For example, if we play a ninja game, you play a ninja of an appropriate level. You will be rolling stats, giving your PC a name, gender, appearance, personality, etc. Minor character background tweaks are fine as well, as long as they fit the scenario.

Why?
I already run a continuing game over the phone with some friends on the East Coast but D&D in person is way more fun, especially with the right group. Having something fun, creative, and positive to look forward to regularly is always a good thing.

When?
Twice a month, every month, on the 2nd and 4th Sundays, playing from 2-5 pm. This time can be shifted from 1 to 2 hours, if everyone agrees.

Where?
My apartment, in Wilsonville.

What do you need to bring?
Pens/pencils and paper. Dice if you want (I have dice). A good attitude and the ability to concentrate. You will not need any books. A laptop or tablet with WiFi is a big plus but not necessary.

Who am I?
My name is Tim. I am a male, age 53. I have been playing D&D since 1979. I have been DMing off and on since 1982. I am punctual, respectful, and a non-smoker, who is usually pretty friendly. I enjoy creating scenarios and seeing how they play out because it is fun and because they usually play out differently than I imagine.

Who are you?
You are a punctual, respectful, usually pretty friendly and cooperative person, who is not a nicotine, alcohol, hard drug, or smartphone addict. You are not a flake. You have a good attention span and a decent social IQ. You are reliable. You are capable of keeping your political and religious views to yourself. Bonus if you are fun to be around, smart, funny, and creative. If you are a newb to gaming, that is fine. The system I am using can be picked up very easily.

What about Covid?
I am up to date on my vaccinations and everyone playing should be as well.

What now?
Message me with a short description of yourself, your RPG experience, and your situation. Include your email address. I will then email you a questionnaire, as well as a more detailed explanation of where I am coming from. If we seem compatible, we can then meet in person, in a safe, public place, here in Wilsonville, to see if we are compatible IRL and take it from there. If we are not compatible, it is nothing personal, that is just how it goes sometimes.

Thanks for your interest.

Remove ads