• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4e online, LFP 2 players, thursdays 7:25 p.m EST

abelblackfield

First Post
1. The game system that is being used is D&D 4e.
2. The setting is a homebrew setting
3. Looking for at least 3 other players at the moment.
4. We will be using the latest verison of maptools and skype for voice*.
5. Characters start at level 2 and may use either the standard point-buy system or the standard dice roll system for main stats. If you are rolling your stats then please show proof either a screenshot, invisible castle or set up a day with me to see the rolls.
6. Characters start with 600 gold and one free magic item @ level 2 or level 3. Additionally you will get a free adventure kit.
7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want?
8. You cannot create a character that uses the vampire class. You also cannot create a character using the race of tri-keen, goblin, bullywog, hobgoblin, kobold, and pixie. Everything else is golden to use.
10. I am looking to have the party be mostly neutral/good.
11. I do allow some multi-classing to be allowed but keep in mind to try to not "break" not the game.
12. The players control all of thier dice rolls while I as DM control the dice rolls for npc and other outside actions.
13. A character background is required: Write 5 important elements to the character, write 2 people related to your character either for honor, blood, romance and so on(rival, friends, love interests and so on), Write 2 goals that are important to your character, and write anything else you feel that is important.
14. The game will invovle 50% hack & slash / 50% rp, by this I mean there may be times where there is no fighting and just rp. There may also be times where it is just fighting.
15. The players are not restricted to any core rule-book. Anything that has been produced by wizards of the coast for D&D 4e is approved. However, I may ask you where is the source of the information for a power to look it up.

Setting for game: Haunted Isles

18 years ago on the island called Isamu Isle, all of the inhabitants on the island suddenly vanished into thin air. The research and the treasures that were extracted from the ruins vanished as well. Not to mention the village and the seaport suddenly disappeared. Not a trace of any living soul was left on the island.

Puzzling it may be but the merchant king Tatsu saw no reason to fear the vanishing of the people. However, every search party he sent couldn’t find anything on the island to indicate that someone was there. Over time the people he sent started disappearing one by one until none was left to speak of the tale. Tatsu was furious by this matter. Not only had he not seen his brother and sister in the past 18 years but rumors were starting to spread that it was the work of demons or for that matter the work of the gods.

To put the rumors to rest the king decided to not send a small search party this time but send 150 able men and women to the island to not only find out the answers but rebuilt the island to its former glory.

The character you have created for this campaign is doing the quest for some reason. One possible reason could be that you are seeking knowledge. Another reason could be that you had a relative that disappeared as well on the island. Of course the reason you have created for your character is your own.

Keep in mind that you have been promised for some type of reward or favor from Tastu or someone similar in power. It could be money, title, fame, treasure, or etc. You have to tell me what type of reward that you want.

Chapter 2: Brief Summary of last session
Lumah was later met with Garret, and Crash(Warlord, Bard, and Thief) in the caves that lies to the north of the base to find some minerals to bring back to the camp to a royal adviser who belong to the house of the Iron Wings. The materials are said to be needed in order to create a teleportation that will be able to use on the island to the main lands. However, on their journey in the caves they were met by the undead and did battle with them. Luckily they were able to defeat the monsters and found the materials needed for the adviser.

All npcs, summary of sessions will be posted @ Haunted Isles Campaign | Obsidian Portal which is under construction right now but should be done by the end of today.

The party currently has (2 leaders, and one striker). Looking for a Controller that knows arcana, and a defender. If you are interested please post on this thread or pm me.

ppaladin123

Adventurer
Hi,

I am interested in potentially joining your campaign. I am 32, live in the NYC area and am familiar with skype and maptools (though a little rusty on the latter). I like both role playing and combat (and role playing in combat) and am a relaxed player; I just want to have fun. I'd have to sign off around 11-11:30pm or so because of work the next day but I'd definitely be available from 7:00 till then.

Your setting has Japanese-sounding place and character names. Is it inspired by Japanese mythology? If so, are there any classes or races that would not fit well into the game? What is the mythology of the world like?

I was thinking of contributing a paladin of a sun god but I can also build another type of defender if that doesn't work.

As for controllers, I'd happily play an invoker, a psion, or a druid (though the latter wouldn't be great at arcana).

Please let me know what you think.

Remove ads