• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Player's Handbook Collection

great thing to buy for a new player...

no need for DMG or MM if you are not running the game, but both PHB's and an insider sub to get the character builder is awsome...

Crothian

First Post
The fact that it has a slip case makes me think it is more then just getting rid of overstock. I also like the promotion code for getting DDI at a discount. This is basically everything a player would ever need. :D

Dannager

First Post
It's an incredible deal. You're basically getting the Player's Handbook 2 for free, plus two months free if you subscribe to DDI for a year.

With this available, no one can gripe that WotC is trying to bleed you for extra money just so you can play a gnome or bard.

Compare:

PHB 1 - Amazon.com: Dungeons & Dragons Player's Handbook (9780786948673): Rob Heinsoo, Andy Collins, James Wyatt: Books - $23.07

PHB 2 - Amazon.com: Player's Handbook 2: A 4th Edition D&D Core Rulebook (Bk.2) (9780786950164): Jeremy Crawford, Mike Mearls, James Wyatt: Books - $23.07

PHB 1 + PHB 2 + DDI Coupon - Amazon.com: 4th Edition Player's Handbook Collection: 4th Edition D&D Core Rulebooks (9780786955527): Rob Heinsoo, Andy Collins, James Wyatt, Jeremy Crawford, Mike Mearls: Books - $23.07

No need to buy one or the other. Just buy both!

ggroy

First Post
(of course the cynic in me thinks that it also might be a good way to get rid of overstock).

Good point. Something like this wouldn't be done if it was still selling like hotcakes.

On a tangential issue, there's several 4E titles which will be sold as 32 page softcover books next year (ie. HS1, HS2, Hammerfast, Vor Rukoth). Wonder why exactly WotC is going back to the 32 page format, when it was dropped almost 7-8 years ago.

Remove ads