• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4th Edition, H Series, Online Game

FusionCell

First Post
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======
Gorshak, level 1
Goliath, Paladin
Build: Avenging Paladin

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 17, Con 16, Dex 10, Int 9, Wis 12, Cha 15.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 15, Con 14, Dex 10, Int 9, Wis 12, Cha 15.

AC: 20 Fort: 14 Reflex: 13 Will: 14
HP: 31 Surges: 13 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +4, Intimidate +7, Endurance +4, History +4

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics -4, Arcana -1, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2, Dungeoneering +1, Heal +1, Insight +1, Nature +3, Perception +1, Stealth -4, Streetwise +2, Thievery -4, Athletics +1

FEATS
Level 1: Power Attack

POWERS
Paladin at-will 1: Valiant Strike
Paladin at-will 1: Bolstering Strike
Paladin encounter 1: Shielding Smite
Paladin daily 1: Paladin's Judgment

ITEMS
Khopesh, Heavy Shield, Plate Armor, Candle, Adventurer's Kit, Holy Symbol, Horn

That's my paladin. Sort of. Tryinng to figure out what the rest of his background would be... how does a Goliath wind up becoming a Paladin?

Eryiedes

First Post
I would be glad to join in on this if possible I can make a character with the demo version of character builder that is if were starting at level 1. Any certain classes you need? Also what all would I need to have to be able to do this? I have a good idea on the basic d&d rules just wondering if I would need anything to be able to do this.

I am sure the character builder will be just fine....you are not the only one to be using one....(but I still prefer the old fashion way!)
The only restriction is no Drow....the campaign's goal is to end with The Vault of the Drow and it would be counter productive to suspence or mystery if someone in the party is "backseat snitching" on his dark brethren and giving away secrets no surface dweller could ever know.
Underdark 4e will work out beautifully for the D series and if I have to....a little bit of converted 3.5e should round out an Underdark crawl just wonderfully.
I was gonna consider doing Q-1 Queen of the Demon Web Pits....but to be honest that module would essentially have to be completely rewritten from scratch to get rid of all that silly 1e stuff that cluttered the metaplot.
Of all of them....it would be the biggest time consumer on the list of things to do....but I have PLENTY of time.
The only thing, if you already have the basic sdr, would be (I imagine) map tools software....but we all have to agree on build model.
Won't be more than a few megs...free download...maybe mic compatible, I dunno.

Just so its out there....if there are two fighters in the group, or two or more of whatever in the group....it doesn't matter....only fun does.
Don't feel restricted in selection simply because another player said they wanted to be something first....be what you wanna be....do what you wanna do....say what you wanna say.....(as long as Douvan fits into your background story!)

Peace & Light (and Illithids)

Last edited:

Eryiedes

First Post

That's my paladin. Sort of. Tryinng to figure out what the rest of his background would be... how does a Goliath wind up becoming a Paladin?

I noticed it didn't list your racial encounter power (stone's endurance)with the class one....also that ALL athletics attempts made are of the best of 2 rolls....(Powerful Athlete; consider it a Feat)....nor does it make mention of class features at all (for being a paladin)....if it's listed your less bound to forget it....but if you don't need to see it to remember....then its just fine.

Also...it doesn't specifically say "goliath's can't be a paladin"...so neither will I...but it suggests fighter, warden or barbarian would be better suited for that race....I imagine certain classes will key of its abilities better than paladin.
Interesting choice.....giant-related....that'll get Morgan's panties in a twist!

Also PHB2 introduces a background theme...so does Forgotten Realms....(based on regions but we won't use that)....point being based on what you write we'll see what fits that description best...at worst, you get +2 to 2 skills you already have....at best you get 2 new skills your class doesn't normally have access to AND you get them at a +2 bonus.

Other than that....and 1 and 2 are not even problems.....3 we'll tackle when you pen your background story.

That aside....what else can I say except: "Flawless Victory"

Peace & Light

Last edited:

Eryiedes

First Post
What is the one thing both myself and the character generator have in common?

We both forgot to list alignment and the God of whorship for the character.....admitted....the Paladin is a no-brainer and only need mention of a deity, but others must specify.

Peace & Light (and D'oh)

Last edited:

Thedeathndecay

First Post
Heres my first attempt hope it works.

Fielen Darkshore, level 1
Eladrin, Rogue
Rogue Tactics: Artful Dodger

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 12, Con 14, Dex 17, Int 15, Wis 10, Cha 13.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 12, Con 14, Dex 15, Int 13, Wis 10, Cha 13.

AC: 13 Fort: 12 Reflex: 15 Will: 12
HP: 26 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Dungeoneering +5, Stealth +8, Thievery +8, Bluff +6, Athletics +6, Perception +5, Acrobatics +8

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +4, Diplomacy +1, Endurance +2, Heal, History +4, Insight, Intimidate +1, Nature, Religion +2, Streetwise +1

FEATS
Level 1: Dirty Fighting

POWERS
Rogue at-will 1: Riposte Strike
Rogue at-will 1: Sly Flourish
Rogue encounter 1: Fox's Gambit
Rogue daily 1: Confounding Attack

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Thieves' Tools, Leather Armor, Longsword, Hand Crossbow, Crossbow Bolts (20)

Eryiedes

First Post
Heres my first attempt hope it works.

======

It looks just fine....just remember your racial encounter ability and class or racial features....unless you already know 'em front and back.

Do you have access to PHB2 for use of backgrounds?
If not we will just groove with what seems to fit your background story best.....at worst 2 skills you already have get a +2 bonus....at best you get to have 2 new skills not included in your class and also the +2 bonus for both.

Make sure your background story includes how "Douvan" affected your life as friend or mentor or both.

Looking good so far.....any responce may be delayed....I am composing e-mail and will send them out soon.

Peace & Light (and Kita, my greatest pupil.....may you walk forever with the Eladrin.)

Last edited:

Eryiedes

First Post
I have just sent e-mails to Zardoz and Taryn....I recreate it here for Decay and Cell....

Hello,

I am glad we could all get together to share this experience.
In opening, I feel it would go a long way to have us all make formal introductions to each other.

-FusionCell
-LordZardoz
-Taryn Nighteyes
-Thedeathndecay

I, of course, am Eryiedes....but my real name is Hugh.....I don't expect people to share their real names, nicks are just fine...I just wanted to let mine out there.

We need to begin discussing what days we are available and what times we can play at so we can decide what days will be best and what type of sessions to hold.

Also there is a matter of map tools.....what version do we all agree to use....if that is what will be used.
It says it has mic capability so there's always that.

I was hoping we could meet online in realtime before we start officially....it would make figuring out game schedules much easier.
Unless there is disagreement, either tommorrow at 9pm eastern central or the day after at the identical time would be nice to that end.....to be held in this thread.

Also up for discussion....the Arbitrary Action time limit.....how long does the party wait to assume a course of actions for delinquent posts or inability to play at a particular time.
(Once more made infinitely easier in real time)

So far we have had 2 submissions:
A Goliath Paladin PC
An Eladrin Rogue PC
(and a Warlord npc...but he doesn't really count and can be removed entirely if another player wishes to be the only warlord in the group)

We will be using PHB2 backgrounds so those who lack the material will just have their background story choose for them....(whichever one sounds closest to the pc's narration)

For those of you using material from Divine or Primal Power or PHB3 may need to transcribe attack powers the first few times they are used till we are used to what they do and how they function.
(Not all of us have those books so its really just a courtesy)

Also, should anyone require it....my e-mail is (ask in person) I will be lingering in the thread for a while if there are any questions....I am sure I have forgotten something.

This promises to be a memorable game.

Last edited:

Lord Zardoz

Explorer
Here is the half Orc I intend to go with:

Mardok, level 1
Half-Orc Barbarian
Feral Might: Rageblood Vigor (Swift Charge encounter power, gain Con Modifier tmp HP when opponent is dropped to zero)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 14, Dex 16, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 13.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 14, Dex 14, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 13.

AC: 17 Fort: 16 Reflex: 14 Will: 11
HP: 29 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics 10, Endurance 8, Perception 5

FEATS
Level 1: Thirst for Battle

POWERS
Swift charge (Barbarian Class Feature)
Furious Assualt (Orc Encounter power)

Barbarian at-will 1: Howing strike
Barbarian at-will 1: Pressing Strike
Barbarian encounter 1: Great Cleave
Barbarian daily 1: Tyrants Rage (from Primal Power)

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Crowbar, Hammer, GreatAxe, Hand Axe x2, Hide Armour, Dagger

END COMMUNICATION

Eryiedes

First Post
Here is the half Orc I intend to go with:

END COMMUNICATION

Awesome dude....in my 26+ years of gaming you will be the first half orc pc ever for me.....there have been a few half orc npc's but never a pc, very kewl.
Thus far....

-Half Orc Barbarian
-Goliath Paladin
-Eladrin Rogue
-Human Warlord
and one to go.....we are looking good!

I am a bit embarrased.....who exactly do I speak to for a room to be set up....I sent a msg to the moderator but I don't feel that was the correct S.O.P.

Maybe Mechanikong will join us and we will have a 5th pc.

All you need is your PHB2 background and you are set.

P.S.; What does Tyrant's Rage do? (he asked eagerly)

Peace & Light (and TONIGHT, YOU WILL FEAST ON MAN-FLESH!!!)

Last edited:

Eryiedes

First Post
Character sheet notes:

1) Remember your Racial Ability (Usually encounter red)

2) Remember Racial and Class Features....they are Feats too.

3) Alignment and Deity (Ya can't have one without tha other...weelllll, love and marriage-)

4) Douven Stoval, Dwarven mentor or friend (or both) is somehow involved in your background....taught you all you knew about the "dungeon crawl" or Underdark or something of similar signifigance.

5) PHB2 Background theme.....at worst, 2 skills you already have get +2....at best you get 2 new skills also at +2 bonus.

6) Don't forget your Languages.....they WILL come into play.

We may also have a 5th player.

Peace & Light (and Level One is ALWAYS the hardest!)

Last edited:

Remove ads