• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4th Edition, H Series, Online Game

Taren Nighteyes

First Post
I can only play on Mondays through Thursdays (see page 7 of this thread). So if Friday, Saturday, or Sunday is chosen I wish you all the best and maybe next time :)

Thanks!

Taren Nighteyes

Eryiedes

First Post
I can only play on Mondays through Thursdays (see page 7 of this thread). So if Friday, Saturday, or Sunday is chosen I wish you all the best and maybe next time :)

Thanks!

Taren Nighteyes

Nothing is decided yet.
Still progressing like a normal democracy.....slow (when and if its moving at all!)....but without the lobbiests.
Hang in there "T".
Even if this game conflicts, I should be getting a second thread going once this one is off the ground....be sure to check for it....mind you, it may be D20 Saga Edition Star Wars this time....(just to mix it up a bit)

Peace & Light(sabres)

Lord Zardoz

Explorer
For microphone function, DimDim is alright for now, though we may want a means to supplement it. I am less worried about the limit to 4 active microphones then I am about the fact that it is too easy to lose track of what people are typing into the chat bar at the right hand edge of the screen. I do not know what Ftr's experience on that is like, but I would imagine that there had to be times when he felt like a spectator or ignored.

There was a stumbling block in testing google wave in that neither Eryiedes nor Ftr received the google wave invite message I tried to send them (and they both ran into problems setting up their gmail account, though those were resolved).

END COMMUNICATION

Thedeathndecay

First Post
Hey, tried to go on the dimdim thing but my net connection went a little crazy on me will try again later If I can get it stable. Working on doing what you said My character needed, for origin I believe you asked it says that because of my characters race its origin is fey and not natural? or were you looking for something different? Also the long blade was because the Eladrin are proficient with long blades and I took a certain feat or skill that said it would allow me to use them as a rogue? I'll check on that to be sure. Also my characters background was drowscarred.

Lord Zardoz

Explorer
Last night, and earlier today Eryiedes and myself did notice a user enter the dimdim conference but that user did not say anything, and did not type anything into the chat window. After a while of getting no response today, Eryiedes booted the non responsive person. If that was you today Thedeathndecay, sorry about that. Next time please give some sort of active response.

The google wave invite did show up for Eryiedes, and we tried it for a bit.

Pros:
A google wave conversation is viewable by anyone invited to it.
The wave is stable like a forum conversation.
The format is a bit like Slashdot. You can respond to the wave in general, or you can respond directly to a specific post.
You can go back and edit previous messages.
If multiple users are in the wave at the same time, you can see one another type.

Cons:
Requires a gmail account to use (username and password are identical)
Invites can take a while to show up).
Does not support Internet Explorer 6.0 (If you are using IE 7, Firefox, or Google Chrome your ok)..
Anyone in the wave can edit any post, and reply at any point. This can make things confusing.

I am certain that Google Wave will be useful for handling any element of the online game that does not need to happen live. We will need to work out some basic posting rules if we use wave.

Eryiedes and myself also tested the Maptools app. We figured out how to place player markers, draw random crap within the view, and how to perform dice rolls. There is built in instant messaging, and it does make a chime / prompt noise which solves the primary problem I have with Dimdim. We will probably still want to use Teamspeak to handle live voice communication during games.

END COMMUNICATION

Eryiedes

First Post
Hey, tried to go on the dimdim thing but my net connection went a little crazy on me will try again later If I can get it stable. Working on doing what you said My character needed, for origin I believe you asked it says that because of my characters race its origin is fey and not natural? or were you looking for something different? Also the long blade was because the Eladrin are proficient with long blades and I took a certain feat or skill that said it would allow me to use them as a rogue? I'll check on that to be sure. Also my characters background was drowscarred.

No you probably had no problem....we saw you enter the room as attendee 4.
When you didn't respond or type i just figured you for a board lurker and kicked you...bigtime appologies decay.
Good news on background....adjust you skill(s) accordingly.
Choose your weapon of quality and its trait.
Most importantly....what days sre you good to play on...better during week or weekend?
We will be here again tonight....testing maptools in a test combat.
dimdim will be set up later around 9ish.
Make sure to download maptools 1.3b63 for windows and not MAC.
We will talk you through it on dimdim....we have only limited mic capasity so speech will be accordingly difficult but it should not be a problem.

I will be lurking.

Peace & Light

Thedeathndecay

First Post
I must have missed the weapon of quality thing just a little reminder exactly what it is that I'm choosing? As in from a list or is it entirely up to me? Also yeah that was me but my net connection was bad for some reason I couldn't respond but I think I have that fixed. I will dl the maptools and will try to be available for dimdim at 9 thought I'm not certain I will be able to tonight. As for times of play depending on what time is good for everyone else I can usually make myself available for a few hours any weekday, weekends may be tougher.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads