• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4th Edition, H Series, Online Game

Lord Zardoz

Explorer
We did try to test a few things, but apparently there was some sort of unholy tehcnical cockup between Eryiedes microphone and Teamspeak 3 (which he downloaded to try) that may have fried his microphone. I am guessing it is some sort of software setting for the following reasons:

1) i could still hear minor sound effects from his machine
2) he could still see input activity from his microphone when he tested with the windows sound manager control panel.

Hopefully we can figure this damn thing out.

END COMMUNICATION

Thedeathndecay

First Post
Hey, my apologies for not making it to test the maptools and such. Downloading it at the moment and as for the blade of quality a long blade finely crafted and quite light in the hand, with a descriptor of light blade so my rogue could use it yet still get the eladrin bonus for long blade would be nice. Mine would be customized to have a worn leather handle with each life I have taken etched into it. (sounded like a cool idea) I hope I understood you and did that correctly.

Eryiedes

First Post
for the blade of quality a long blade finely crafted and quite light in the hand, with a descriptor of light blade so my rogue could use it yet still get the eladrin bonus for long blade would be nice. Mine would be customized to have a worn leather handle with each life I have taken etched into it. (sounded like a cool idea) I hope I understood you and did that correctly.

Yes, you did at that sir.....Weapon noted.

On a side note I managed to fix my mic....but there is that annoying echo...its worse than ever.

Take heart....it won't be long now.

Ftr

First Post
Ive been playing with maptools and...

1] it is a complicated program to use because it is so powerful. I found that you can program macros that let you hit a button that executes an attack on the chat screen while showing the blast radius(if any) around tokens and lower the appropriate token's life bar. Whew..thats a lot of crap to program...

2] The dice macros are simple and I have programmed most of my powers in as a button with an instant dice roll and message on the chat screen. Thats pretty neat

3] Under the file command, there is a "add resources to library.." button. Hit that, click on the red token icon in the popup window, and install all the token libraries listed. Eryiedes, this is for you. It will load your token library with tokens ranging from kegs to kobolds to doors and walls and PC tokens

4] unfortunately there is no built in party management frame. You have to program one yourself or find one already created and import it. that would be really nice to have so we can see the status of every character. Barring that, every player will have to learn how to adjust the health bars on the tokens on their turn.

5] teamspeak blows goats. it had to be said, so there it is.

6] I can't freaking wait to start this! I am really excited about this game. And the possibility of a second game like Star wars...WHOO HOO!

7} I didn't realize how much I missed gaming till I got this close to starting a game. Once I get the 4e system down, I'll take a turn as DM and run an old campaign I put together for you guys.

Jim

Ftr

First Post
BTW, Besides my character, does anyone else have ranged attacks?

Am I the ranged striker?

We are in so much trouble...

FusionCell

First Post
159 posts and over a thousand views. All in less than a week. You all gotta be somewhat proud of that.

Looking at the game on a longer term, I reckon I can do the 9pmest/2amgmt thing. So once the day is decided I'll stay up much later on that day and play it. Heh, I'll need to dig up my headphones.

Remove ads