• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [D&D 5e] Planescape- In Through the Out Door (Full)

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Also, love the pics. Also, also, Happy Valentine's Day! It's also fenris and my anniversary so we're headed out in the snow to celebrate. Have a good one everyone! Will try to post more later or tomorrow... I'm hoping to find that book tonight that Unsung mentioned :)

I got my first paycheck post-law school on Friday. That felt good. Today, I treated myself to the 5e PHB. So that should make it easier to scheme characters.

Unsung

First Post
@ CanadienneBacon First post-law paycheque, that calls for some big-time congratulations. :D Very nice! And what better way to celebrate than with all the planes of existence at your very doorstep, says I.

Also a happy anniversary to you both, [MENTION=8058]Queenie[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2820]Fenris[/MENTION]

Unsung

First Post
Any of my suggested racial traits are open for discussion, if they don't fit your character concept or if you think they're over- or underpowered.

@Kiraya_TiDrekan Some thoughts on rogue modrons.

Logical. You have advantage on saving throws against illusions, and cannot be frightened except by magic.
Rigid. You have disadvantage on Insight checks and Wisdom saving throws to avoid being surprised.

By the way, complete my mental picture: is Frankenmodron a cube (or some other geometric shape) with organic components added, or a humanoid (or some other organic shape) with modron parts added?

@Shayuri Maybe split the difference? Maybe this bends your original intent too far and you'd prefer not to muddy their conceptual waters, but what if the shard in Shard's head was a piece of Omega? Or if the goddess was destroyed by some horrible thing, then maybe *that* was Omega. Just a thought.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
I like the Logical and Rigid traits. :D Would those be additional racial traits? As for the mental picture, I am thinking humanoid (somewhat golem-esque) with Modron parts, specifically a cube in its chest where its processing center resides. It has a head, but the area where the brain would be is hollow, as are its eye sockets. So, its capable of facial expression, but you can see through the eye holes to whatever is behind it.

Unsung

First Post
That's a little spooky...which is great. :D

At your option, yes, you could take those as additional modron traits. I wanted to see if we'd need any special rules regarding armour construction. It's sounding like it might not be as drastic as I thought, especially if we're talking about a druid in leather or hide.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Up until now I kinda saw the mondron as a Box Troll lol. Also, Unsung, we picked up the fey book you mentioned last night. I love fairies so it was a good purchase :)

Shayuri

First Post
Hehe, it's an interesting thought, Unsung, but the two characters are pretty distinct in both concept and function.

No cheating this time. I've really got to choose.

I'll try a build or two and see if one makes me happier than the other.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Oh, so I'm 99% certain I'll go with Pixie Warlock. We've been chatting today about the characters and have a good idea which direction they are both going in. Also pretty sure [MENTION=2820]Fenris[/MENTION] is going Satyr Bard if that helps anyone.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads