D&D 5E [D&D 5E] Tattered Memories: An Adventure in Tethyr (COMPLETE)

Forged Fury

First Post
Brue considered the gnome's words... and more importantly his mannerisms. He's fidgety, but it's hard to tell if that's just normal for him, some consequence of exposure to alchemical fumes over a long period of time, or deceit. So far, what he has said matches the notes tacked up around the walls and laying on the table. But, it's also possible he just wants the mushrooms to achieve an altered state. The gods know the gnome has probably been the one with the most exposure to the horrors of the plague so far. With all that said, his request for the mushrooms has been Brue's best lead so far.

Taking in the appraisal, Vials asked, "Well, is there anything I can answer for you, Brue?"

GM: Character Sheet Update: Brue is proficient in Insight

Last edited:

[section]Brue considered. "No. I haven't any other questions. Right now. Could I come back, though, if I think of anything? And could you work on making that sketch of a mushroom until the next time I do? I'll see if I can gain an audience with Captain Holt this afternoon or, if he's not free now, tomorrow morning. If he agrees that I can leave Mosstone to walk to the Wealdath, I'll need the drawing of a Fairy Cap mushroom from you, plus directions how to get to the cave you mentioned." Brue moved toward the door, intent on leaving. She looked around again at the queer little room with its charts, and the table in the corner with burbling liquids. "My thanks, Master Boddynock. You've been helpful."[/section]

Forged Fury

First Post
Vials smiled. "Of course, of course. I'll sketch out the Fairy Cap. I may have some supplies around here that may be useful as well. I'll put them together in case you're given the opportunity..."

OOC: Just for timeline considerations, let's say it's late afternoon. Dorin told you he'd meet you at the Mossy Nymph around sundown. There's probably about an hour until then.

[section]Brue nodded in agreement, then turned and saw herself out of Vials's home. She paused in the byway. To find the gate and ask for Captain Holt straight away? Or to the tavern for a little more information on the Captain, and when and how the daily rations are delivered? How best to finesse this situation? Brue felt her heart pulling toward the gate. The town's need was strong. Her head won out. She compromised. I'll go to the gate and have a look. I haven't been over there yet, anyway. If the timing looks right, I'll ask to see Holt. If not, I'll make for the Nymph. Decision made, Brue looked around the byway. She thought back to her earlier visits to Greycastle's, to the Mossy Nymph, to Dorin's. And the temple. Had she seen the town gate?[/section]

Forged Fury

First Post
Exiting the apothecary's shop, Brue could see the north town gate off to her left; not too far from her current position and past the pyre pit. The wooden gates were firmly shuttered and the heads of a pair of guards could barely be seen on the opposite side. Given that the Trade Way bisected the town, she figured there was another gate on the south end of town, somewhere past Commerce House.

Last edited:

[section]Brue trod on cat feet toward the gate. She didn't spy many places to approach by stealth or to hide, so she walked with purpose toward the gate. She did, however, try not to make noise, and she kept her shoulders loose. Head up. Confident. As if I belong here.[/section]
[roll0]

Forged Fury

First Post
The gate was of heavy wood construction and ingenious design. An odd mechanical system on the interior side allowed for the planks that made up the upper portion of the gate to swivel, turning the boards into something like a vertical slat. This allowed the gate to largely maintain its protective function but also not hinder communication between persons on either side of the gate.

As Brue approached the wooden construct, she spotted two small stakes that had been hammered into the ground. The closest stake was painted yellow. The further stake, closer to the gate, was painted red. As she got closer to the yellow stake, approximately 100 feet from the town's exit, a voice called out from the gate.

"Halt, citizen! As I am sure you're aware, your town is under quarantine until help arrives from Darromar. If you approach further, we will be forced to fire. Please turn back now."

GM: Character Sheet Update: Brue is proficient in Perception

[section]Brue stopped well short of the first stake. How to get an audience with the Captain? Not right now, evidently. "I hoped to speak with Captain Holt. Is there a way to do that?" Brue hollered to make her voice carry. She made her stance non-threatening, and took a step backward, away from the stake.[/section]

Remove ads