• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D and the rising pandemic

niklinna

satisfied?
I would be unhappy with the vaccine manufacturer(s) for selling product that does not actually allow me to stop 'walking on eggshells' about catching the germ.
Well, if you and the people around you got vaccinated, you wouldn't have to walk on eggshells, because you'd all have some resistance to the germ reproducing in your cells, and it wouldn't be able to propagate as well (not "at all"—that isn't how vaccines or the immune system work).

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I saw a meme on Facebook the other day that showed a kindergarten teacher with like three kids, all sitting on the floor and all masked. A bunch of my friends were talking about how sad the picture looked. I was just shaking my head. Here we are, teaching children social responsibility and caring for others, all those "values" that folks keep insisting aren't being taught in school, and the very same people that are touting how great homeschooling is, are ignoring the fact that this is EXACTLY what we should be teaching children. :boggle:
According to others, a relative of mine vented on social media about how upset one of their children was having to go to school masked. I wonder if the child caught the attitude from the parent, because I'm virtually certain the parent would have expressed said attitude in front of the child regularly.

Zardnaar

Legend
Vaccines to me are like a seatbelt. Seatbelts don't guarantee you won't die but they reduced the odds.

Or steel capped safety boots. Won't stop your foot being crushed in a press but will protect your toes from falling objects.

cmad1977

Hero
I would be unhappy with the vaccine manufacturer(s) for selling product that does not actually allow me to stop 'walking on eggshells' about catching the germ.

Not understanding the very basics of vaccines at this point is inexcusable. At this point your ignorance is deliberate.

cmad1977

Hero
I saw a meme on Facebook the other day that showed a kindergarten teacher with like three kids, all sitting on the floor and all masked. A bunch of my friends were talking about how sad the picture looked. I was just shaking my head. Here we are, teaching children social responsibility and caring for others, all those "values" that folks keep insisting aren't being taught in school, and the very same people that are touting how great homeschooling is, are ignoring the fact that this is EXACTLY what we should be teaching children. :boggle:

Dude. We explained to my daughter two years ago (she was… almost 5) why we wear a mask and she just said “oh. Ok.” She’s never complained once. It’s like kids are taught in want to care about one another. Can’t have that!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Dude. We explained to my daughter two years ago (she was… almost 5) why we wear a mask and she just said “oh. Ok.” She’s never complained once. It’s like kids are taught in want to care about one another. Can’t have that!

From what I've seen, kids have had darn little problem adjusting to masks. I am sure there are a couple, but by and large, kids do just fine.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
You know, it's possible to do something and still lament that you have to do it. I don't care if people think it's "sad" as long as they continue to do it. I'm inconvenienced by wearing a mask - I don't like doing it. But I do it because it's the right thing to do. I can still grumble about it.

niklinna

satisfied?
You know, it's possible to do something and still lament that you have to do it. I don't care if people think it's "sad" as long as they continue to do it. I'm inconvenienced by wearing a mask - I don't like doing it. But I do it because it's the right thing to do. I can still grumble about it.
Aye, but there's a difference between "it's a shame we have to do this to protect one another" and "you can't tread on my rights you commies!"

Zardnaar

Legend
Well on social media a hikoi (walk) of 12000 was planned to storm the barricades at Auckland. The cops would be overwhelmed. They used cars instead of walking.

They were to push through into Northland and end up at the maraes (Maori meeting house).

I think it's so they could play the racist card if stopped.

Around 50-100 turned up the cops told them to bugger off and they went and sat in a field beside the road.

Maori protocol to enter a Marae is to be invited and the elders etc made it clear they didn't want them blaming anti vaxxers and other groups not grass root organizations.

Of course they also use the united tribes flag every protest uses that these days I suppose it's for legitimacy purposes perhaps.

Even if they got through the cops they may run into some of the local iwi boys. Good luck with that.

Remove ads