• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D and the rising pandemic

Thomas Shey

Legend
Its hard to say who's at fault for that; a rockstar, even an aging one, interacts with a lot of damn people when on tour, and some the precautions taken by some of them are going to be hit or miss.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Unfortunately the rote resonse to that is, "They died of something else. They just happened to have Covid too."

I am aware. The proper response is the truth, regardless of the resistance to same.

"You are thoroughly incorrect about why they died. Your position is responsible for many deaths. Maybe someday you'll see that, and learn."

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
The proper answer to that is, "Funny, a million people in the USA alone died of it. Sounds a lot worse than the common cold, to me."

It's a large number but it's less than 1 in 300 over a two year span.

Here the death rate has been similar to the flu although I expect that to change due to most of that in the last 6 months vs two years. Something like one in 5000 have died vs American 1 in 300 odd.

Long story short most people probably didn't know anyone that died. In effect it's probably something that happens to others in far off lands you hear about on the TV.

Not saying that's the right attitude but people here are fairly blase now but we dodged delta and the first wave for the most part.

Yeah, but... that was probably not a wise move. The virus doesn't care how big a fan people are.
Several people were in tears. I spoke to a guy who had traveled to every Stones concert since he was 16. And another guy was taking his 80 year old father to this concert.

The Stones had been in seperate hotels, to reduce the risk of all of them getting sick. But despite all precautions, just as Mick Jagger was about to step on stage, he didn't feel well. They did a quick test, which came out positive. They didn't want to put the huge audience at risk, nor the rest of the band. So it was cancelled at the last minute.

Tickets will remain valid, and a new date will be announced somewhere this week. It sucks, but better safe than sorry. I hope Mick recovers well.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Long story short most people probably didn't know anyone that died. In effect it's probably something that happens to others in far off lands you hear about on the TV.

You are explaining a thing to someone who already understands that thing.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads