• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Cartoon on DVD: What's in the book?

Technomancer

First Post
Question about the new DVD box set of the old D&D cartoon series. This may seem like it belongs in media lounge, but I'm actually curious about the D&D/RPG book that comes with it, so I think this qualifies as General RPG.

From what I could tell from the box, the 30-page book contains the character statted up in 3.5 terms. What else is in the book? Does anyone have it?

I've got it.

It includes 3.5 stats for all the kids, Uni, Shadow Demon, and Venger. (CR 21!! :eek: )

It's also got stats for all six magic weapons.

Unfortunately, while the book's content is pretty cool, the book itself is of awful construction. Mine was already falling apart when I opened the DVD box (pages detached from cover), and I understand I'm far from the only person with this problem. :(

Technomancer

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
I've got it.

It includes 3.5 stats for all the kids, Uni, Shadow Demon, and Venger. (CR 21!! :eek: )

It's also got stats for all six magic weapons.

Unfortunately, while the book's content is pretty cool, the book itself is of awful construction. Mine was already falling apart when I opened the DVD box (pages detached from cover), and I understand I'm far from the only person with this problem. :(
Is that the extent of it? I was hoping it might also have a section covering the people and places they encountered in the show, sort of a mini-encyclopedia.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
There's also a little adventure in it - four encounter areas put together from D&D Basic Game and Frostfell Rift maps. The encounters are neat, and very "classic" in set-up (fighting twenty-four orcs, four ogres, an ogre chief and six dwarves in the first one). It could make for a good night's gaming.

Demiurge out.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Technomancer said:
Is that the extent of it? I was hoping it might also have a section covering the people and places they encountered in the show, sort of a mini-encyclopedia.
That's not in the booklet, but on the discs themselves there are apparently articles on monsters, characters and items with embedded clips.

Demiurge out.

demiurge1138 said:
There's also a little adventure in it - four encounter areas put together from D&D Basic Game and Frostfell Rift maps. The encounters are neat, and very "classic" in set-up (fighting twenty-four orcs, four ogres, an ogre chief and six dwarves in the first one). It could make for a good night's gaming.

D'oh! I can't believe I forgot about that. Especially considering how well I ought to know those maps. ;)

Sadly, that is correct. Within seconds of me opening it, the very same thing happened to me.

Other than that, I'm very pleased with the release...that it's in a little red boxed set is a perfect match for the nostalgia the series evokes.

Mouseferatu said:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads