• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D CHess set...getting it?

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Particle_Man said:
A Dragonchess set (a la Dragon #100 with 3 12x8 boards) might be interesting...

Some years back, I wrote a Dragonchess program for my own amusement. Strictly two-player - didn't feel up to AI! - but it had all the legal moves for each piece figured out.

Never really got to play it with anyone, but that was almost a secondary element anyway :)

-Hyp.

JVisgaitis

Explorer
Looks cool and I like having a decent chess set, but my Lord of the Rings one serves me fine. Does anyone have a good picture of it? I'd love to see a close up of the pieces...

Agent Oracle

First Post
Oh, walnut finish? well, that explains the price a bit... mmm.. sorry, still no. Maybe if I could just buy the pieces, that would knock $50.00 off the price tag... then it's a definite conversation piece, as long as I remember which piece is the bishop...

/lost two games in a row on a "special" chess set because he moved the bishop like it was the knight

SidusLupus

First Post
My first thought was: they might make really nice minis!

$150 is still kinda high for a set of dragon minis though. If I had tons of money sitting around I might consider getting it for novelty/ mini use.

Particle_Man

Explorer
Hypersmurf said:
Some years back, I wrote a Dragonchess program for my own amusement. Strictly two-player - didn't feel up to AI! - but it had all the legal moves for each piece figured out.

Very cool! Did it include graphics of any kind, or was it just the recording of moves themselves?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads