• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Classics updated for 3.5?

Kwyn

First Post
Greetings

Classic D&D Adventures updated for 3.5

I'm sure this question is asked and answered with some regularity but I can't find any links or information regarding the subject

I have a gaming group, some as ancient as I am and some a bit younger and I would love to share some of the classic D&D adventures from my youth. The issue is that as a group we play 3.5 these days.

I'm wondering if anyone has a link to updated stat blocks or even better, complete updates for some of the adventures from by-gone days.

I'd love to toss my group back into White Plume Mountain or Keep On The Borderlands or frankly, any number of the old gems.

Obviously if I had more time or ambition I could go about these projects myself, but alas many things have changed over the past 25 years.

If anyone can help me out, I'd be much obliged.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Kwyn said:
White Plume Mountain
Well, that one's here.

And they did another one, available here.

Keep On The Borderlands
Not sure about KotB.

There are a few (unofficial) ones available elsewhere, but I forget where atm. It might also be worth checking out the update booklet (from older editions to 3rd ed), aso put out by WotC.

Psion

Adventurer
Aus_Snow said:
Not sure about KotB.

I don't know about a module conversion, but 0one games has a map set that is supposed to represent the caves of chaos.

There's also a conversion of Isle of Dread in the pages of Dungeon.

Me, I wish they'd convert the GDQ series. That was good gaming.

smootrk

First Post
I have been working on a completely unofficial 3.5 mod of Keep on the Borderlands, parts of which were salvaged from info from the ENWorld version. I have revamped about 2/3 of the Caves area so far.

Shoot me out an email address and I will share it with you, but I will not post it otherwise, because unlike the ENWorld mods, I re-wrote entire encounter areas, not just the updates to 3.5, with some additions and changes.

Also, no guarantees on accuracy of material, or official-ness of statblocks. I have to keep on re-scaling the adventure to match the speed of advancement that 3.5 has, so it may seem a bit harder than the original while reading through it.

Havlo

First Post
smootrk said:
I have been working on a completely unofficial 3.5 mod of Keep on the Borderlands, parts of which were salvaged from info from the ENWorld version. I have revamped about 2/3 of the Caves area so far.

Shoot me out an email address and I will share it with you, but I will not post it otherwise, because unlike the ENWorld mods, I re-wrote entire encounter areas, not just the updates to 3.5, with some additions and changes.

Also, no guarantees on accuracy of material, or official-ness of statblocks. I have to keep on re-scaling the adventure to match the speed of advancement that 3.5 has, so it may seem a bit harder than the original while reading through it.

any chance you could send a copy of that to me at mcfarlandster at gmail dot com? that would be sweet! thanks!

Kwyn

First Post
Thank you so much! All of you!

Aus_Snow - The official WPM conversion will be beautiful! Thank you thank you! The Tomb of Horrors will be nice as a one-shot but I wouldn't dare take our new campaign characters through it!

Philotomy Jurament - I didn't see any conversions at D&D Adventures, but I didn't dig too deep yet. I plan to though. Looks like good stuff.

Enkhidu - Thank you! That's a lot of info and certain to be useful. I think they'd love the Barrier Peaks conversion.

Psion - I'd love the GDQ series as well. It would be a massive undertaking. I had the official 2.0 version and ran it with some folks and it was great fun.

Grodog - Thanks for links to your page. Bookmarked! We're all very old-school and even FR material gets plunked down on a duchy or one of the bandit kingdoms or whatever. Your page will no doubt be useful.

smootrk said:

Thanks smoot! With all this new information I could damn near start an entirely new campaign and blow their minds. Beginning with KoTB would be fantastic. One of my all-time favorites.

kwyn_bck@hotmail.com

Last edited:

Remove ads