• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Commercial

Glyfair

Explorer
HeapThaumaturgist said:
G4 used to be TechTV.

I used to have a horrible cable company. Our apartment complex was the only place in our state to even use them. When you called customer service you got someone's home answering machine (literally). The only saving grace was they had TechTV.

Eventually, the complex went to Comcast. While I've had your typical issues with the company, the service is 100% better (not even counting that I could now get broadband). Unfortunately, they didn't have TechTV. I was happy when I heard TechTV and G4 were combining....until I saw what the were doing to it.

As for the commercial, so far I've only seen the very end (where they show the book). From what I hear, it's about the level I expected for a D&D commericial.

Wycen

Explorer
On a related note, American Dad tonight had the son and his friends in the basement, playing some sort of game involving cards, at least 1 figure and elves, magic, and so on. Very DnDish, but they never said so. Just that he thought his son was a geek.

Samothdm

First Post
Didn't see this mentioned anywhere else, but granted I didn't look *too* hard for it.

There was another series of commercials for D&D that aired during the "Dungeons & Dragons 2: Wrath of the (something) God" that aired on Sci-Fi a few weeks ago.

The commercials were done very much in the style of the "bumps" that air on Adult Swim. It saves them a ton on production because it's just a static image with some rotating type. Frankly, I think it's a better way to go rather than get a c-list director and making a live-action spot that looks terrible.

They've also done commercials for Magic: The Gathering during Adult Swim and used the "bump" style ads for that as well.

Remove ads