WotC D&D Creator Summit from a physical attendees perspective.

darjr

I crit!
Teos has posted part two. Largely about the demands of the community and how WotC responded.

This might be better as a second thread but I think much if it has been hashed over in the thread with Brimmels excellent reporting.

Oofta

Legend
Teos has posted part two. Largely about the demands of the community and how WotC responded.

This might be better as a second thread but I think much if it has been hashed over in the thread with Brimmels excellent reporting.

Another interesting post which highlighted issues that were not clear (at least not to me) before. It certainly seems like WOTC wants to do what is right, future actions will be the proof of that of course.

That its a game. It's literally a game. People have so completely wrapped their identity up with the brand that the appear completely unhinged.

I'd rather be hearing about the game.
D&D is a game, and it's also a brand that some folks have chosen to make a core part of their identity and lifestyle. D&D is not the first product to do so (for instance; Ralph Lauren, Hoonigan, Sketcher, etc). If you are going to run one of those companies, you need to understand the brand.

If you don't want to hear about the parts of D&D that are not about the game, then don't engage in those conversations. No one is making you engage in this part of the discussion.

Scribe

Legend
D&D is a game, and it's also a brand that some folks have chosen to make a core part of their identity and lifestyle. D&D is not the first product to do so (for instance; Ralph Lauren, Hoonigan, Sketcher, etc). If you are going to run one of those companies, you need to understand the brand.

If you don't want to hear about the parts of D&D that are not about the game, then don't engage in those conversations. No one is making you engage in this part of the discussion.

Agreed on all fronts, but it goes even further. If this is the portion that Wizards chooses to engage with and emphasize in its direction, and its already not what I want to engage in, where does that leave my interest in what Wizards does going forward?

Outside of D&D, is where.

Which is totally fine, personal choice on my part. Hopefully there is a better fit between Wizards and their new community going forward.

Scribe

Legend
... but not cool shoes?

Someone thinks they are cool.

Someone else probably thinks that being a fan of Skechers is about the worst possible thing someone can be doing. Like putting pineapple on a pizza, or having ASI tied to <character choice formerly called race> or hell, even calling it race in the first place! ;)

Agreed on all fronts, but it goes even further. If this is the portion that Wizards chooses to engage with and emphasize in its direction, and its already not what I want to engage in, where does that leave my interest in what Wizards does going forward?

Outside of D&D, is where.

Which is totally fine, personal choice on my part. Hopefully there is a better fit between Wizards and their new community going forward.
Ok so let me see if I understand what point you were making with your original reply (post #18);

You want WotC to focus on the game aspects of D&D and don't want them to build the brand? You are not(?) interested in cultural sensitivity and diversity aspects? You just want more quality adventures, campaign settings, players options, etc?

Remove ads