• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D/Dragonstar campeign- ideas/suggestions?

Furn_Darkside

First Post
Salutations,

Since one of my players is off to boot for the INS for the rest of the summer, I have been trying to find some type of mini-campeign to do with the other two.

Here is the idea I am tossing around-

The heroes start off in the ultimate cliche fantasy world- good kingdom being threatened by the dark evil guy, but as the adventures start to move on something strange starts happening- npc's just disappear, and no one (other then the heroes) show any sign of ever knowing them.

The problem eventually grows into entire buildings and geographic areas disappearing- with the same lack of memory among the populous.

By the time the players defeat the great evil.. the problem becomes epidemic, that is when the party wakes up.

It ends up they are on some prototype prison station where the prisoners are kept in a VR world in an attempt to rehabilitate them.

The cause of the disappearances was that one of the prisoners (the dark lord, perhaps) awoke- and murdered the crew and many of the other prisoners.

The campeign then becomes a survive on a doomed space station kind of deal- unfortunetly they only have the knowledge/memory of the VR world.

I have yet to pick up the Dragonstar books, but plan to in the next week.

Any suggestions from anyone more familiar(or not) would be appreciated as I start pulling my notes together.

Thank you,
FD

For a mini campaign, I think this idea is not bad. But you won`t need DS for it, at least if everything is only going to happen in the VR.

Two DMs in our group (me and another one) are using the DragonStar Ruleset, but both of us don`t use the setting itself, since none of us got enough information about it.
The other DM uses Space Gothic adventures, and I developed my own setting. (I always wanted to do that. :) )

Some ideas for mini campaigns:
o Encounter and finally defeat a pirate band / crimal organization
o search for clues for the lost space ship grave yard and finally visit it, and grab the xyz-Device before your opponents do it.
o Break Down on an Outland world and find a way to fly home. (you could use some older adventures, with the only difference of the high-tech equipment - at least if the players have enough magazines)
o Infiltrate a Outland world to "prepare" for the Empires arrival.
o Uncover the Imperial Infiltrators and thwart their plans.
(The last 3 are good if you want to slowly introduce the players to DS)

Remove ads