• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D gievaways @ Gen Con

fasdfasdfasdf

First Post
Hey Scott,

I'll be at PAX, is there any place to sign up in advance for UDD or living games? I have never played at a convention before and hope its newbie friendly. I have some friends that will likely want to participate in the delve as a team.

Do I need to sign up for the RPGA first? How do you do that? I can't seem to find anything on their site....

You become a member of the RPGA by showing up to an RPGA event. You don't need to do anything ahead of time.

Darkwolf71

First Post
Gee, I think it's great that everyone signing up for DDI at Gencon and PAX are getting something that the people who signed up nine months ago, or even ten days ago, won't get. I guess we just don't rate the double extra exclusive secret Assassin preview. You know, the kind of preview we paid for.

There's also that ridiculous Fan Site Kit Policy thing that you coughed up a week or two ago. I'll keep those things in mind when I think about re-subscribing.

Hm, when does that Pathfinder game come out? Oh yeah, today. I hope you spent a long time looking at the line wrapped around the Paizo booth, Scott. Now there is a company that doesn't hate it's customers.
Um, wow. As someone who has left the WotC version of D&D behind for PFRPG, let me be the first to say, "Chill the Frack out".

Certainly don't take your frustrations out on the man who, as I recall, may be the sole voice of reason left at WotC. Don't like what they're doing? That's cool, c'mon over and play some Pathfinder with us. We even talk trash about 4e sometimes. We just aren't asshats about it.

fasdfasdfasdf

First Post
Hello, troll alt! Why didn't you post this under your actual username?

I followed a link here from RPG Blogger.

Come on, you know if you have ever been to a Gen Con that you can get stuff there you can't get anywhere else. And you get swag from buying stuff there, too. Boo hoo. You missed out on swag for not being at Gen Con.

Actually, I wouldn't get it if I were at GenCon, regardless, because I am a DDI customer current through more than a year from now. My issue is more with the fact that they're double dipping on exclusive content, and their other customer-unfriendly policies. Frankly, tchotchkeshttp://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=tchotchkes&spell=1 like backpacks are irrelevant. Thanks for making a lot of asinine assumptions, though.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I followed a link here from RPG Blogger.

Well, welcome to EN World.

You are welcome to have and state your opinions on WotC and its policies. Constructive criticism is welcome here.

Threadcrapping, however, is not. Even if you have a legitimate gripe with WotC, this thread isn't the place for it - it isn't about Pathfinder, Assassin previews, or the Fan Site Kit. If that's what you want to talk about, do it in it's own thread, please.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Scott, I have no issue with WotC giving away stuff at cons. Makes perfect sense. However, it would be cool if those of us that have been paying for DDI for some time could also see the Assassin.....

Obryn

Hero
Actually, I wouldn't get it if I were at GenCon, regardless, because I am a DDI customer current through more than a year from now. My issue is more with the fact that they're double dipping on exclusive content, and their other customer-unfriendly policies. Frankly, tchotchkeshttp://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=tchotchkes&spell=1 like backpacks are irrelevant. Thanks for making a lot of asinine assumptions, though.
Assumptions? I replied to something you posted! I didn't need to assume you were complaining about the swag - you complained about the swag!

EDIT: And I can guarantee you that any preview released at Gen Con will be up on the Compendium and Character Builder at the regular time for updates. Yes, it's later than the con-goers can get. Then again, we aren't getting access to AV2 ahead of time, either.

-O

Herschel

Adventurer
Huh, not at the Con and not getting the swag for being at the Con. I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it any more! Actually, commercial break's over and I'm going to watch 14 more minutes of "Royal Pains".

kevtar

First Post
Scott, I have no issue with WotC giving away stuff at cons. Makes perfect sense. However, it would be cool if those of us that have been paying for DDI for some time could also see the Assassin.....

I echo this sentiment. I had planned on going to Gen Con with my sons this year, but things happened that made it fiscally impossible. While I'm not worried about D&D backpacks, as a DDI subscriber, I would like to also get a preview of the assassin.

...and I'd love to find out how to buy one of those backpacks when the paychecks start coming in again in a couple of weeks. :D

Cheers

Kez Darksun

Explorer
I echo this sentiment. I had planned on going to Gen Con with my sons this year, but things happened that made it fiscally impossible. While I'm not worried about D&D backpacks, as a DDI subscriber, I would like to also get a preview of the assassin.

...and I'd love to find out how to buy one of those backpacks when the paychecks start coming in again in a couple of weeks. :D

Cheers

Yeah, its annoying, but not unexpected. Its just typical business operations. New customers get the deals, existing customers get the shaft. Still, it will be interesting to see the details of the class once they are posted.

Having said that, and a little more on topic, I can imagine the backpack will come in handy for carrying goodies at GenCon so thats a nice reward for signing up. I'd really have been jealous if it had had a leather bottom on it.

Last edited:

Scott_Rouse

Explorer

I agree. in a couple weeks you are going to get pages of Assassin goodness, complete goodness (all feats, powers, full write up like you get in a PHB) and not just a single character. This sample will go up before that.

Remove ads