• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Has NO CLASS!!

the_bruiser

First Post
Claudius Gaius said:
The initial note about being interested and having found the five-page system is for you, the rest of it is referencing this thread - the sample build a bit further up and this system. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear.

Ah :).

Tagnik

First Post
I mainly built this system to work with E6. So you get about 100 points to spread around.

My house rules were to make level 10 not so tough to deal with.

You start at the set level and build it from that level, so there's no real building it Level By Level. You just have your set maximums and go from there. If everyone picks a d12, then that's good :) It will mean the monsters I throw at you will have a tougher time and you will feel nice and strong... That is until I throw something who hits harder. I like to give certain monsters that "elite" template and give them triple hit points or something crazy like that.

If someone really wants to build a character as you had above, i'm sure they could and that'd be fine with me, as long as they feel it works for them, its fun, and it gives them a sense of strategy as one was putting together a magic deck.

They are able to look into source books and find the best/niche builds they want.

You could be a Sniper type character with ranged feats, with sneak attack, Order of the Bow Initiate's d8 ability, some skirmish, and you have yourself one helluva first attack.

Doesn't mean that some day I won't throw it right back to the PC's :)

I always add more house rules too, like Divine Casters having to use a Magic Item slot for their holy symbol. An Amulet, Circlet/Helm, or Shield. and they cannot be magically enchanted.

Then when they cast their "Target You" spells, they are actually emitting from their Holy Symbol, and it can even be given to another PC!! Of course then the Cleric can't cast spells... :p

also my tower shield feat

Improved Tower Shield Proficiency

You no longer suffer the -2 to encumberance for attacking while holding a tower shield, and you can enter a phalanx stance granting cover of +8AC/ +4 to reflex, take a 5 foot steps and make a single melee attack per round.

Last edited:

Tagnik

First Post
Never tried any other systems really. I just remembered buying M&M 1ed and thought "Iwish this would work in D&D".

Then I found E6, then I put 2 and 2 together.

I changed the Point Buy though to a 40 point buy from the DMG for stats before anything is done. It doesn't take away from the main power points though.

I also got the idea from the Buy The Numbers PDF. I bought it once, then lost it and wasn't able to DL it again, so I made up my own system, which I think, is balanced a bit more.

Its basically as Balanced as a Gestalt campaign and everything is limited by the minimum level it is attainable anyways, so the DM balances the game by the level he chooses. Then you use Ryan's E6 from that point on. (or E8, E10, Ewhatever you want)

Tagnik

First Post
Took a look at Eclipse and it just seemed a bit complicated. I guess I'm more comfortable with my way of doing it. I don't like systems that use XP like Buy the Numbers either

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads