• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D hits Soapland

Yraen

First Post
Folks? I was watching the Australian soap, Neighbours, this evening and D&D was featured. It seems that cheeky wheeler-dealer and former pubowner, Lou Carpenter, is a Dungeon Master for a bunch of kids at Erinsborough High. It was only featured for a couple of minutes (a long time in Soapland) but it was like Oh My Gawd! And I had to share it with you.

francisca

I got dice older than you.
<chicken little>
GGGAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! The sky is falling!!!!!
</chicken little>*

*not affiliated with the upcoming movie in any way.

Eternalknight

First Post
Yraen said:
Folks? I was watching the Australian soap, Neighbours, this evening and D&D was featured. It seems that cheeky wheeler-dealer and former pubowner, Lou Carpenter, is a Dungeon Master for a bunch of kids at Erinsborough High. It was only featured for a couple of minutes (a long time in Soapland) but it was like Oh My Gawd! And I had to share it with you.

I'm not sure what's more disturbing; the fact that D&D was mentioned on Neighbours or that you were watching it...

:p

VirgilCaine

First Post
Crothian said:
It sthe soap that Spike always watched on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. That's the only reason I know of it ;)

No, we have to get on All My Children. Passions is third-rate, All My Children is only second-rate.

Yraen

First Post
Eternalknight said:
I'm not sure what's more disturbing; the fact that D&D was mentioned on Neighbours or that you were watching it...

:p

Look - it's on when I have my evening meal and the Missus likes it. But - yeah - I'm a bit embarrassed now that you mention it - about watching Neighbours, not the fact that it showed people playing D&D :D

At least it wasn't portrayed in a really bad light like some shows have done. I remember one in the Eighties which used the old "D&Ders are so messed up they'll kill themselves if their character dies" ploy. In - ahem! - Neighbours, it seemed almost like a filler scene.

Remove ads