D&D Icons: Gargantuan Blue Dragon

Darthjaye

First Post
Now why does the listing say "D&D Icons: Gargantuan Blue Dragon (Dungeons & Dragons Icons) (Hardcover)"? Hardcover!?! If it's a mini then Amazon sure needs to fix that. :D

Dark Psion

First Post
Ambrus said:
woc95789a_MED.jpg
Here's a B&W image of the critter in question. :)

That's what I was waiting for. Gimmme!!!

Treebore

First Post
I think this one will actually be my favorite. At least for its pose. Plus Blues have always been my favorite of the Chromatics.

frankthedm

First Post
Treebore said:
I think this one will actually be my favorite. At least for its pose. Plus Blues have always been my favorite of the Chromatics.
I really hate that so many dragon minis stand on thier hind legs like bipeds. Is is like the sculpters can't get out of "Biped mode" with thier figs. Plus it looks silly, most times a dragon won't be rearing up to strike unless his foes are flying, in which case the dragon is on the wing as well. As the garg black dragon should have been and had concept art for.

At least blue boy should look cool.
MM35_PG72.jpg

Ondo

First Post
frankthedm said:
I really hate that so many dragon minis stand on thier hind legs like bipeds. Is is like the sculpters can't get out of "Biped mode" with thier figs. Plus it looks silly, most times a dragon won't be rearing up to strike unless his foes are flying, in which case the dragon is on the wing as well. As the garg black dragon should have been and had concept art for.

I blame D&D, not the sculptors. There are several Large dragons that are sculpted on all four legs, but the Gargantuan minis are four times the size while on a base that is only twice as big. That forces the figs to be more upright.

frankthedm

First Post
Ondo said:
I blame D&D, not the sculptors. There are several Large dragons that are sculpted on all four legs, but the Gargantuan minis are four times the size while on a base that is only twice as big. That forces the figs to be more upright.
No, it doesn't

Tail-supported basing works well for dragons.
statues-augbr-3795s.gif

Dragons look pretty flexible, i am confident sculptors can improvise
Large_Bronze_Dragon.jpg

TheAuldGrump

First Post
frankthedm said:

At least blue boy should look cool.
MM35_PG72.jpg

Or you can assume that rearing back on their hind legs is a threat posture - rear back, spread your wings, look 'uge! A typical threat display. For added enjoyment plunge your head down, continue to spread your wings, and roar in their faces - adventurers love that!

The Auld Grump

Remove ads