• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Insider Character Builder Open Beta live

Scribble

First Post
I'm an optimist

Subscribe to DDI you'll like it.

hypnotoad.gif

yeah DDI is worth it, I just got a cheap manual binding machine for Dungeon and dragon mags (I hate reading on PC) and I can print them on works flash colour laser printer at cost. They are great mags and the Char Builder is a 'killer app'...needs a bit of work but has great functionality.

As to functionality does anyone know if the power cards are going to be adjusted so you can have the modifiers for more than one weapon (esp relevant to rangers) if you wish?

Cheers

darjr

I crit!
As to functionality does anyone know if the power cards are going to be adjusted so you can have the modifiers for more than one weapon (esp relevant to rangers) if you wish?

I want that change as well. A work around is to change what weapon you have listed as 'in hand' and then just print out the power sheets.

SlyFlourish

SlyFlourish.com
Supporter
Even if we could get 10 levels, I'd be so much happier. Right now it works for one of my low level games but my main game has level 8 PCs. January is a long ways away.

I agree that it's a great app and worth the price of DDI alone for DMs. It's unfortunate that the cost structure just doesn't work for my players who think its a bit much to pay for just one character. I'll probably end up doing theirs for them I guess.

Jack the Red

First Post
Not sure where I should post this. But when I made a Drow Rogue, the Darkfire power description (in the powercard) just had a huge Attack written, nothing more...

Other than that, great tool.

Even if we could get 10 levels, I'd be so much happier. Right now it works for one of my low level games but my main game has level 8 PCs. January is a long ways away.

I agree that it's a great app and worth the price of DDI alone for DMs. It's unfortunate that the cost structure just doesn't work for my players who think its a bit much to pay for just one character. I'll probably end up doing theirs for them I guess.
Yeah there is not real reason for any face to face gaming group to get more than one subscription so far, maybe you could all chip in and share?

Festivus

First Post
Where would WoTC like bugs to be reported to? Perhaps a link?

I have at least two so far, skills cut off on the character sheet view, and I have no where to enter XP that it saves the value (or it's not very clear to me how to just enter an XP value and have it save)

Edit: Answering my own question... spotted a little blue link "Report a bug" in the lower left corner... so I submitted them.

Last edited:

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
Where would WoTC like bugs to be reported to? Perhaps a link?

I have at least two so far, skills cut off on the character sheet view, and I have no where to enter XP that it saves the value (or it's not very clear to me how to just enter an XP value and have it save)

Edit: Answering my own question... spotted a little blue link "Report a bug" in the lower left corner... so I submitted them.

If you are not signed into to the Knowledge Base the little link may not work so you can follow this link for instructions on bug submissions

silentounce

First Post
During the beta you must manually patch. Instructions here:

11/12/09: We have updated the Character Builder installer to work with the 64 bit version of Windows Vista. If you previously downloaded the application and were getting an error on launch, you will want to:

• uninstall the previous failed Character Builder application
  • install .NET 3.5 SP1 from Microsoft
  • install any Windows Updates you have pending and reboot if necessary
  • download the new 64bit friendly Character Builder
  • install the Character Builder Beta
If this is your first time downloading the Character Builder application, you will want to:

• install .NET 3.5 SP1 from Microsoft
  • install any Windows Updates you have pending and reboot if necessary
  • install the Character Builder Beta

Why do we have to wait a year?

:p

Remove ads