• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D is now in (exceedingly awesome) commercial form

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
It's pretty cool, but..

How is that Red Box? I don't get it. Is that a real advertisement?

And who is it aimed at? It doesn't say anything about the product. If I didn't know better I would think it's a comicbook, or a videogame. Or a metal album.

CharlesRyan

Adventurer
Wow. That is truly awesome. How did I not see this before?

As for not being very red box, I disagree. Everybody that this ad is aimed at will recognize it. Instantly.

OchreJelly

First Post
Agreed. If you're a long-lapsed player - Like a child of the eighties player, this ad is chocked with nostalgia factor. Even if you didn't actually want to play, that same lapsed player may want to get this for his / her kid.

I liken the strategy to the Wii. Part of its massive success was attributed to adults having fond memories of playing Nintendo games as kids, and they in turn wanted to share that experience with their kids.

Aeolius

Adventurer
I have been playing D&D since 1979 and still fail to understand the connection some people place between D&D and Heavy Metal (music). Now, put a Conan soundtrack or some Loreena McKennitt in there, and I'm set.

As for the nostalgia factor... no flumph = epic fail

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads