D&D: Kazadar Empire

OOC: Okay, we'll start with a bit of a recap of recent events and then move on from there...

IC:
The heroes have come into the company of King Andros Osbourne, who claims to be the rightful king of the Kazadar Empire. After rescuing Elsinore, the fiance of one of Osbourne's retainers from the hands of Captain Alaric and his Kazadar men, killing Alaric in the process, the heroes returned to Osbourne. King Osbourne then presented the group with another task. He had assembled quite a large force or nearly 2,000 men and was preparing to attack the Kazadar soldiers in the town of Taran. His concern was keeping the innocent civilians out of harms way as much as was possible. He enlisted the group to seek out Lodren, the leader of the local thieves guild. Osbourne believed that Lodren would be of great assistance in evacuating the town and keeping it quiet enough that the Kazadar troops might not notice. He would time his attack on the town for right after the evacuation was complete. He gave the heroes a bag of platinum, gems and jewels to give to Lodren as payment for his assistance.

The heroes agreed and entered town under cover of darkness, with the cover story that they were a merchant family and retainers. They decided to start at the inn, The Soaring Eagle, where they had originally met and fought Captain Alaric. They dodged a Kazadar military patrol and entered the inn. Only a few patrons were inside the inn and talking was relatively subdued. A few moments later, before the heroes could take any action, the patrol entered the inn and immediately began insulting the innkeeper, Bardan. Seconds later, a melee ensued with the heroes prevailing after a short, bloody skirmish.

The dust has just begun to settle, the innkeeper stands behind the bar in stunned silence, a look of dismay on his face. The few other patrons escaped during the battle. It is here that we pick up our story...

maddmic

Explorer
Gilbie looks at the carnage and then at his blade. Finding a lack of blood, he shrugs and sheeths the weapon. Turning to the innkeeper, he clears his throat. "Well, sorry about the mess. We had come here hoping to find a man by the name of Lodrin. We would like to sit and talk with him about possibly joining our forces to fight the menace that has a hold on this town. I'm guessing it may be a bit much to ask that we be able to stay here, so if you CAN get in touch with this man, where would you suggest to be a good meeting place?"

bkmanis

First Post
“Well that was subtle.” Trent says under his breath after hearing Gilbie’s little speech. Trent then moves to the front door and peeks outside to make sure no other trouble is coming down the street.

Dolfuur

First Post
With the floor of the tavern littered with nine corpses sprawled amid their blood and guts, Dolfuur knows their entry into Taran won't go unnoticed for long.

While Gilbie talks with the Innkeeper and Trent keeps an eye out, the Dwarf takes the Kazadar guard who surrendered into custody. "Kneel on the floor," Dolfuur commands, pointing to clean spot but facing a dead compatriot. "Ye'll lose yer head and join yer friends here in the Hells if he make a peep."

If the soldier complies (Dolfuur does strike him down if the man tries to escape or yell), Dolfuur stands over him with his waraxe while asking someone else to bind his arms. "Who's yer leader? Where's yer barracks? How many of yes are there in Taran?" he asks the soldier.

Faehlle

First Post
{ooc} Finally!

Toric_Arthendain said:
OOC: Just bumping this to make sure Fae and Thrarn see it...

Sorry Jim. The account I had registered previously (Faehlle Cennaire) can no longer stay logged in on these boards for some reason. Well, this new one seems to work for now. And with that, let's get this show on the road again. :)

Faehlle

First Post
{ooc: Gilbie's last post over at the other board said he was casting Cure Light on Fae. I had 10dmg: what am I at now?}

ic: Sucking a stinging breath through clenched teeth, Faehlle reaches to her side, feeling blood, but with a soothing touch, her companion mends the worst of the wound. "My thanks, Master Hilltopper. Your gift is a true blessing, as is your friendship in these troubled times."

As the dust settles Fae's first instinct as a feared outsider in a land of men is to check her disguise and see to it that it is still intact. It would not do for her to be discovered yet, or the people of this town might begin to believe the Kazadar lies concerning murderous elven spies in their midst. Or, she thought to herself as she looked around at the carnage wrought by her friends, did they have already reason enough to believe them? All things had the ring of truth when seen from a certain point of view, after all.

{ooc: I trust Fae's disguise is still more or less intact? If not she will look to her "husband" Gelago and ask prettily "do I look all right to you, dearest?" hoping that any skill he has with disguises allows him to mend any imperfections in her ruse.}

Last edited:

Thrarn Iranorn

First Post
Keldorn looks around at the dead soldiers in the room. “What are we going to do with the bodies? Surely it will not take long for others to realize these men are missing. Plus the one over there that remains alive. He is not going to make things easy, especially since he knows are looking for someone.” He says as he gestures to the one remaining soldier.

OOC: Fae's disguise is still more or less intact, aside from the blood from the wounds inflicted on her. There are actually TWO soldiers still alive. One is concious and the other is unconcious from the color spray spell.

IC:
Nine dead bodies litter the floor of the common room of the Soaring Eagle. A tenth is unconcious but showing signs of waking up in the next moment or two. And the last one stands before Dolfuur as the dwarf tries interrogating him.

The concious soldier kneels as Dolfuur commands but stubbornly refuses to answer questions while Galego binds his arms behind him.

Bardan the innkeeper moves into the room from behind the bar. He carries a battered mace in his hand. He moves swiftly to the soldier who is just waking up from the spell effect and brings the mace down on his head, instantly killing the man.

He then turns to the group. "Leave now. Take your prisoner with you. If you leave him here, I will kill him. I'm already going to feel the wrath of the local military leaders for allowing this to happen in my establishment. Better that all the soldiers are dead so as not to make a report of what happened here. Take him or leave him, it matters not to me," the innkeeper says, moving closer to the captive, his mace held at the ready.

Dolfuur

First Post
Dolfuur holds his tongue but he doesn't let the Innkeeper slaughter the other prisoner. "If we find Lodrin, you won't have to answer to the military any more," the Dwarf says.

Although the Innkeeper had ignored Gilbie's words, Dolfuur tries again: "Do you know where we can find him?"

After any answer, or if the Innkeeper doesn't answer, Dolfuur gets going, shepherding the prisoner out the door after stuffing a gag in his mouth.

Once outside, Dolfuur looks left and right, checking for passerby. He also checks to see if their wagon is still there on the street.

Remove ads