D&D General D&D made the 2022 Doorway to Demonic Possession list!

Jer

Legend
Supporter
does anyone know what the source for this list is? I don’t doubt there are lists out there that are so comprehensive but this also looks suspiciously like parody and I am having trouble finding info on it beyond this thread (it has some really odd inclusions )
Poe's Law at work - every single one of these elements is on someone's "this is what leads your children to Satan" list so it's impossible to tell if this is parody or an actual list.

I'm tempted to say it's a parody for the items not on the list. Because the items on the list are all "funny" and not harmful - there's no homophobia or transphobia on it - I'd expect more references to "cancel culture" and "critical race theory" on an actual list for 2022 as well.

darjr

I crit!
Well… it looks like it is probably a variant of this.

Poe's Law at work - every single one of these elements is on someone's "this is what leads your children to Satan" list so it's impossible to tell if this is parody or an actual list.

I'm tempted to say it's a parody for the items not on the list. Because the items on the list are all "funny" and not harmful - there's no homophobia or transphobia on it - I'd expect more references to "cancel culture" and "critical race theory" on an actual list for 2022 as well.

Is this what you were looking for? Or for the exact image source?

Oofta

Legend

According to some anything but exactly what they teach, and believing it fervently enough, will lead to demonic possession.

So I wouldn't be surprised if this or something much like it is real.

Is this what you were looking for? Or for the exact image source?

Thanks for that. I definitely think that is part of it. I have seen lots of actual lists for this stuff, and you will occasionally find D&D on them, but they don't usually not so thoroughly humorous (there are normally entries on there that, you at least understand why they are they, even if you think it is silly). I was reading a book for example where an exorcist listed off the things he felt made people vulnerable to demonic possession. It had things in there like ouija boards and other new age practices, but no D&D, and the arguments for why the things were on the list were a little more involved. And of course, I remember seeing graphic lists like that on say the 700 club where I am sure they included D&D and heavy metal.

CONTENT WARNING: Self harm and sub-par DM'ing

Lest we forget the terrible terrible price of our evil hobby...

1643728818956.png

CONTENT WARNING: Self harm and

1643728854876.png

I mean...still worth it though!

Remove ads