• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D mentioned in Australian paper

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Isn that crap not in the past?

And Papa Razzi said that Harry Potter was a potentially corrupting influence. I really have to take that up with him when I meet him next.

I'd fly into a lengthy tirade about this, but I have to prepare the pentagrams and conjuration circles before midnight, so we can properly sacrifice that virgin.

;)

That reminds me of one episode in the X-Files. Showing that the "other side" is just like us.
You saw several managers of a school making management decisions and all that. And at the end, there was a conversation like this:

"So, now for the closing rituals."
"I'll go get the candle."
"Do we really have to? The game's about to start, I want to watch it with my youngest, we'll miss the kick off!"
"We were quite slack lately, we'll have to get back."

Doors close and you only hear
"Dein ist die Hand, die verletzt, du wohnst im Reich das Hölle heißt." (Yours is the hand that harms, you dwell in the place called Hell.)

So for many Occult Satanists, its only really a black sabbath and helloween thing. :D

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
goth music was certainly not invented in the 90s. :) in fact, it probably did predate the 80s as well...

WizarDru

Adventurer
BOZ said:
goth music was certainly not invented in the 90s. :) in fact, it probably did predate the 80s as well...

I was suprised to find out that the article is correct that the 'goth' sub-genre of rock did get it's start in the late 1970s, although most folks didn't think of it as goth until the 80s. I remember back then we just thought they were punks, mostly (in the musical style sense, that is). I don't remember 'goth' being a cultural label until the 90s. But then, I wasn't one, so what do I know?

Nyaricus

First Post
Varianor Abroad said:
Wait? Someone wants to effectively ban Harry Potter? Sheesh. Rowling will get twice as rich. Did one of her publicists put the Vatican up to this? ;)
Yeah, didn't they leanr their lessons during prohibition (sp?) :lol:

Aeric

Explorer
I'm especially amused by the thought that pagans based their religion off of Diskworld. I can't wait until my very Pagan friends read that article.

This is the worst example of bad journalism I've seen in a long time. It's not even enough to make me mad. I just have to laugh and shake my head, and wonder why I never went into journalism.

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
It might be misinformed, but the article is quoting the academics, not positing that these things actually are evil.

I don't usually get the SMH, but I can imagine this was in one of the even page number minor columns, or a "strange but true" piece.

Still, articles like this will increase the already large chip some of my friends have on their shoulders *sigh*.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Aeric said:
I'm especially amused by the thought that pagans based their religion off of Diskworld.

I am a pious follower of the Oh God of Hangovers, how's that funny?

:lol: Yeah right.

It's so fitting, since the Discworld is a mirror of our own world. Talking about birds flaying low causing bad weather.

Remove ads