• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Mini experiences at Winter Fantasy

BrooklynKnight

First Post
Winter Fantasy is one of the "Big 4" convetions where the RPGA will be running D&D Mini Tournaments first hand.
The other 3 being Gencon So Cal, Gencon Indy, and Origins.

This was the second RPGA firsthand tourny, the first happend at SoCal where i played in an 8 round elim finally getting pushed out at 35th place (with over 100 starting players)

This time around...there was far less players.
Thursday and Friday were slow, tonight was far buzier.
Due to the attendance the "League" play was fast and almost everyone won prizes. In fact, everybody, even the looser won at least a single mini by rolling a d20 to determine which row you got something from. 19 being a rare and 20 being a harbinger box.

Thursday and Friday I came into 3rd place, first time winning two boxes, and the next one. I managed to get 2 red dragons and a purple dragon night.

Trading was excellent. I almost completed my rare collection having only a few more Harbinger and Dragoneye to get.

Oh, did I mention? They were giving out tubes with a free Arch Fiend mini WITH card.

The gencon promo was a fluke an in fact you might be able to download and print the card soon and thus use the mini in sanctoned play (the gencon one.)

I dont think you can use the archfiend mini (which is not an archfiend hehe) till the set premeiers, but you'll be able too.

This weekend i spent 5$ for league play, and 20$ for a single sealed pack Tourny and i've walked away with over 100$ of mini's!

What a great con.

Oh, Mike Hiensoo was on hand to not only play with people, but teach them how. He's a really nice guy and though he whopped my but in the match we had, he pointed out what my options were to help me be abetter player.

I'm still in bliss. And there is one half day left! w00t!

alsih2o

First Post
could you give some more explanantion of "play"? not the tourney, i know how those run, but i know nothing about what the game itself is.

how is it played?

thanks..

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I'm getting so jealous of everyone who gets to go to these conventions...

Here's the promotional mini's stats:

ORC RAIDER
12 pts, CE

LVL: 3 SPD: 9 AC: 15 HP: 25

MELEE ATTACK +10 (10)
RANGED ATTACK --
TYPE: Humanoid (Orc)
SPECIAL ABILITIES: Sneak Attack +5

56/60

Cheers!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads