• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Mini help

T-Bone

First Post
EtherHulkRending said:
Im sorta new to minis and I need as much help as I can get, any good strategy suggestions, build ideas, etc. I have 200 points to work with if that helps

EHR

In general, we have found that single, expensive figures usually beat the same point cost of multiple, low cost figures. The higher the level the better, and the better the commander the better as well.

During fights, focus as much of your attacks and damage on one opponent figure as possible until it is dead, then move to the next. More often than not, killing the opponents biggest bad guy first is the way to go, especially if your biggest guy is better then the opponents.

Some points to consider:

Lawful Evil faction: Has lots of great commanders, and lots of "weenie" troops. But no medium to large heavy hitters.

Chaotic Evil: Has tons of Medium to large heavy hitters, but few strong commanders. (Drow Cleric of Lolth is the best).

Lawful Good: Slow movement, High AC, tons of Commanders, lots of "weenie" troops. Few medium to large big hitters.

Chaotic Evil: Fast movement, lots of good ranged attacks, few good commanders, decent amount of medium to large heavy hitters.

Key troops:

Chaotic Evil: Red Samurai kicks butt! Dont waste any time on "weenie troops" go right after the biggest, baddest opponent, focus your attacks until its dead. Good combo = Red Samurai + Orc Shaman. Shaman casts "snake swiftness" on the Red Samurai for an extra attack (or should I say "devistating attack")

Lawful Evil: Human Blackguard & Thayan Knight are an awesome combo. Again, kill the opponents leaders and big guns first, and keep these two together as much as possible. They are slow, however.

Lawful Good: Sword of Heironous is the best commander, with a rating of commander rating of 7 you will rarely lose initiative, and all but your weakest troops will usually succeed morale tests. Dwarven Axe fighters are great for the cost, Axe sisters are also invaluable when fighting large numbers.

Chaotic Good: haven't had much luck with this faction, so I'll leave it to someone else.

Remove ads