• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Miniatures and Heroclix together?

F.C.Desoya

First Post
It also helps if you pop the dial off of the Mage Knight minis, makes them a bit shorter and base smaller. Just keep them in a safe place in case you happen to have a good rare one and not know it.

papakee

First Post
In the days before D&D plastic minis, I trimmed the mage knight bases with snippers and sanded them down with a drimmel tool to fit in 1 inch squares. Took about 5 minutes per figure once you get the hang of it. Much quicker than painting.

They work really well for humanoid monster types that I think of as a little taller than humans anyway. (lizard men, orcs, trogs, undead types)

FnordBear

First Post
Not only do I use rebased MK minis side-by-side with my DDM I have even mixed and matched parts between the two when I do customs.

I bought in to mage knight when the rebelion and lancers sets were still new. The minis from these two sets most closely resemble the DDM scale (though there are those 9ft skeletons...)

On a tangent note if you like to paint and mod minis MK minis paint comes off pretty easy with oven cleaner or diluted ascetone. That icky, caked-on, paint they use hides some marvelous detail beneath it. Case in point http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m250/fnordbear/minis/PICT0018.jpg

Last edited:

Glyfair

Explorer
FnordBear said:
On a tangent note if you like to paint and mod minis MK minis paint comes off pretty easy with oven cleaner or diluted ascetone. That icky, caked-on, paint they use hides some marvelous detail beneath it.

In fact, they produced a "painter's edition" set of the Unlimited set. Same figures with no pain, and separate from the dials.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads