• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D miniatures arrived today!

shieldheart

First Post
I shelled out $60 a couple of weeks ago on some d&d minis and they arrived today! The waiting felt like forever although it had only been 2 weeks but I am now a proud owner of over a hundred minis! I can't wait to use them during my next session on Saturday.

Just felt like sharing my enthusiasm with everyone.

How does everyone else get their minis? Does anyone buy blister packs or do you order them individually online like I did?

catsclaw227

First Post
Lately, I have been buying them individually for my D&D sessions. I get what I need and this way I build a small collection of good minis.

I buy the (very) occasional booster, but generally I buy singles online (eBay for the most part). I'm also fond of buying Heroscape, Mage Knight and anything else close to the same scale and rebasing them to use in my D&D games.

To be honest, I'm quite addicted to buying these things. I probably have more minis than I can use in 10 years, but I'm always looking for more.

Boarstorm

First Post
I buy booster packs until I get the one mini I want.

Yeah, I end up spending somewhere in the neighborhood of $200-$400 for a rare, but hey -- I end up with a lot of eclectic crap that I'll never use to fill my mini cabinet.

(Seriously, how many Aspects of Orcus does one man need? I ended up with more than a dozen.)

I wish any of the above had been sarcasm or satire, but sadly -- that is the way I go about it.

shieldheart

First Post
Before buying these minis, I'd been looking at miniatures compulsively for about 4 months. I don't even know how to play the miniature game; I purchased them exclusively as figurines for my d&d campaign.

I probably won't ever use all these minis but it's a strange comfort to know that if I ever need a medium sized were-tiger, it's there. I'm trying to not keep looking at miniatures but I'm tempted to keep an eye out for a good deal. Daddy needs a new colossal great wyrm.

davethegame

Explorer
I buy around 6 packs of each new set that comes out. Then if I see singles I really want and didn't get for cheap, I'll pick those up. I've been lucky in the past few sets where I've ended up getting the big rare or rares that I want in each set from the packs I buy.

KingCrab

First Post
Always on e-bay. Packs of common or uncommon from the different sets. I never buy rares because they cost too much for me.

Still hoping WotC will allow people to buy the figures from the sets unrandomized in some fashion, but I'm not holding my breath.

I generally buy a case of each set. I then trade the minis I don't want for ones that I do as well as buying singles online. I have now got to the stage where I have most of the minis I want (1,200+) so I am looking at buying mostly singles. It isn't as much fun as pulling open a random booster to see what you got though.

Olaf the Stout

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads