D&D Miniatures - Older editions?

jgsugden

Legend
WIth regards to the old metal stuff, you pretty much have all the answers above.

With regards to the current 'plastic' minis (Harbinger, Dragoneye, Archfiends, Giants of Legend (June), Aberrations (Fall)), the stated policy is that they do not plan to rerelease any figures. There was some hedge room left open to change that policy, but I would not expect them to do so except in unusual circumstances.

For instance, I expect we'll see figures from 'earlier' expansions in a boxed set D&D game being released in the fall. They've already mentioned that the black dragon from dragoneye will be in that set, as well as dozens of other figures (though they have not specified what those figures will be).

I do expect to see variations on their earlier models continue to pop up over time. Instead of rereleasing the mind flayer, they'll likely introduce a 'mindflayer psion' or a 'mindflayer sorcerer'. The next troll will probably be a 'troll warrior' with weapons or a 'troll shaman' with spellcasting garb.

We may even see different poses with identical battle stats and a slightly changed name. For instance, instead of rerelesing a troll, they may release a 'swamp troll' that is identical to a normal troll in ability scores listed for the skirmish game, but has a different figure design.

Thanee

First Post
I'm actually asking about the Archfiends / Dragoneye / Harbinger plastic stuff... sorry for being unclear. :)

So, if I want a complete set, I will have almost no choice but to buy some rare (and expensive) stuff on ebay, right? ;)

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Mixmaster

Explorer
Thanee said:
I'm actually asking about the Archfiends / Dragoneye / Harbinger plastic stuff... sorry for being unclear. :)

So, if I want a complete set, I will have almost no choice but to buy some rare (and expensive) stuff on ebay, right? ;)

Bye
Thanee

Thanee,

You want a complete set, you'll have to buy a complete set on ebay. Or on maxminis.com, someone is selling a complete harbinger set right now.

Good Luck!

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Thanee said:

Basically, that's the situation. I believe there are still places that stock Harbinger boosters, but they're getting harder to find.

Cheers!

Psychic Warrior

First Post
Thanee said:

Bye
Thanee

My low and suspicious mind senses somethin' amiss here...

Weren't you a minis 'hata' from a long while back Thanee?

smetzger

Explorer
johnsemlak said:
Are you refering to the Harbringer Starter and booster packs, or the old chainmail minis?

The Harbringer sets are still available in Amazon.com

Or the 1e Ral Partha minis that had the AD&D logo; or the even older 1e Grenadier minis that had the AD&D logo.

smetzger

Explorer
Thanee said:

Not necessarily. You just won't find any place selling under MSRP for Harbinger. You'll have to pay the full $9.99.

Li Shenron

Legend
Thanee said:

Mmm... hope I don't sound harsh, because I don't mean to be, but why would you want to buy a complete set?

Thanee

First Post
Why not? :p

To catch up with the older stuff at some point and then collect the newer stuff.

And if the miniatures are cool enough, they would make a good base for using them to display combats as well (of course one would need multiple copies of several more common monsters then).

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads