• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Miniatures really take off

BrooklynKnight

First Post
ArthurQ said:
I DM'd 4 games at Gencon.
It was completly unexpected, but apparently it was all planned and stuff.

I just bought and opened 2 Harbringers. I GOT A FIRE ELEMENTAL! WOO!
I'm curious guys, what are your stores selling them for.
Mine sells the expansions at 10$ a ppp. I thought they were 8.50 or somethin

Simplicity

Explorer
ArthurQ said:

I think $10 is the standard. That's what every store is selling them for down
here. You can get discounts on them if you buy them someplaces online. If you buy them by the case, there's a significant discount. Of course, a case
is a heck of a lot of miniatures.

Harlock

First Post
ArthurQ said:

$9.99 for expansions and $19.99 for Starter packs is what my FLGS has them going for, however I have seen them cheaper online and I am certain if the big book chains get a hold of them (like they do Wizkids Mageknight and CCGs) then the prices will come down a tad if you're willing to spend your dough at a non gamer type place. Also, if you're into it, I suggest picking up a case online. I got a lot of minis and am only missing... a total of 11 minis now, granted I did make 2 trades...

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
ArthurQ said:
10 bucks is the list price. Most of the stores around here sell most things for 20% off, so I usually get them for $8 a pack. I bought a case online for about $110 for 16 packs, which made them around $6.75 apiece.

Magestrike

First Post
Prices

I manage a B. Dalton, which is a division of Barnes and Noble, and we are selling them for 19.99 for the starters and 9.99 for the expansions. I think that is pretty standard if you get them form a bookstore or the such. FLGS might be able to sell them cheaper, but I dont really know.

And you got a Fire Elemental...ACK. I bought three packs yesterday and I got a Vadania, Half-Elf Druid in all three packs. Grrrr....stupid Vadania. LOL

Mage

Lalato

Adventurer
DaveMage said:
Is 1701 still the biggest gaming store, or is there a better one in Orlando?

1701 is indeed the biggest... They are now called Sci-Fi City and the place is huge. I mean... HUGE! They carry just about everything and the gaming area has several tables with and without terrain. They do comics, video rentals... everything. It's a great store. Unfortunately, they're sold out. :p

Coliseum of Comics is the "not so big" other store. As the name implies they sell comics, but have games as a sideline. That's probably why they haven't sold out. The hardcore gamers don't really think of CoC as a gaming store. Lucky me... it's on my way to work. :)

I hadn't really thought of going to bookstores. Now that I know they carry them, I'll have to keep an eye open for them too. Hey... you people that have bought at bookstores... do they keep them behind the counter?

John Crichton

First Post
Magestrike said:
And you got a Fire Elemental...ACK. I bought three packs yesterday and I got a Vadania, Half-Elf Druid in all three packs. Grrrr....stupid Vadania. LOL
That is frustrating.

I actually picked up a case and lucked out with 3 trolls, 3 fire elementals and a displacer beast. Some great trade bait in there.

For serious collectors I would highly recommend a case. They are a little over $100 and you are basically getting 6 boxes for free.

Simplicity

Explorer
John Crichton said:
I actually picked up a case and lucked out with 3 trolls, 3 fire elementals and a displacer beast. Some great trade bait in there.

For serious collectors I would highly recommend a case. They are a little over $100 and you are basically getting 6 boxes for free.

I do wonder if the cases are less random than they should be. It seems that
people who buy them get a lot of duplicate rares. I've been pretty lucky so far
getting only 1 duplicate rare in about 9-10 boosters. It's all about buying singles from here on out.

The bookstores I've been to have a display case for the starter/booster packs. Kind of like the book display cases most stores have. I've never seen them
kept behind the counter except at a very small game store that keeps all of
its D&D stuff behind the counter (simply because they have no room, I think).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads