• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Minis in SF Bay Area

Gizzard

First Post
So, how is the secondary market for D&D minis these days? I've found one place in the SF Bay Area that sells single miniatures; my thanks go to the person who recommended Legends in Cupertino. (I picked up a Carrion Crawler and a Blue Wyrmling last week.)

Has anyone else run across a local store selling miniatures as singles?

Davelozzi

Explorer
Are you wondering how the secondary market is in general, or only in the Bay Area? Your question seems general but the thread title is obviously specific, and frankly, it's only because I'm bored that I wandered in here.

I've seen some stuff online (but not a whole lot) but unfortunately none of the stores in the Boston area seem to be selling singles.

Gizzard

First Post
I was wondering both; where I can find minis near me but also how the game is doing as a whole. I think I am going to try shopping online; I found several places which seem to carry DragonEye and Harbinger minis (although I also discovered that Googling for any phrase containing the word "singles" is perilous.) ;-)

Chronosome

First Post
Davelozzi said:
...none of the stores in the Boston area seem to be selling singles.

Really? Tyler (da big boss) at Pandemonium had said he would be...
I'll have to check up on that.

Last edited:

Guy Fullerton

First Post
Gizzard, we have a fairly healthily-sized group that plays out of the south bay. We're trying to start up a league at Neutral Ground. Send me an email (via my profile) if you're interested in joining up and I can keep you informed.

Gizzard

First Post
Oops, I almost missed these replies.

1) I'll check out Warmasters, or at least give them a call. It seems relatively likely considering their emphasis on table-top stuff.

2) As for NG, I am not so much interested in *playing*, I just want minis for my D&D game. But I do work right around there, so maybe I will stop by and see some evening.

Gizzard said:
So, how is the secondary market for D&D minis these days? I've found one place in the SF Bay Area that sells single miniatures; my thanks go to the person who recommended Legends in Cupertino. (I picked up a Carrion Crawler and a Blue Wyrmling last week.)

Has anyone else run across a local store selling miniatures as singles?

I think that was me

I'd really encorage you to buy your singles online though. If you do a google search for "Harbinger singles" or "Dragoneye singles", you'll find many viable options.

Crossposting from another thread (quoting myself):

just bought 50 mini's for less than it would cost me to buy 3 $9.99 expansion packs.

Check it out ( from my Cardhaus.com order ):

Miniatures > Dungeons & Dragons > Dragoneye > Singles
---------------------------------------------------------------
Title Info Condition Price Bought
31 Goblin Skirmisher Common Near Mint-Mint $0.80 2
32 Goblin Warrior Common Near Mint-Mint $0.95 2
33 Hobgoblin Warrior Common Near Mint-Mint $1.95 2
35 Kobold Skirmisher Common Near Mint-Mint $0.95 4
36 Medium Water Elemental Uncommon Near Mint-Mint $1.50 1
48 Dretch Common Near Mint-Mint $0.35 10

Miniatures > Dungeons & Dragons > Harbinger > Singles
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Title Info Condition Price Bought
032 Azer Raider Uncommon Mint $1.25 3
042 Goblin Sneak Common Mint $1.25 2
048 Kobold Warrior Common Mint $1.95 2
068 Kuo-Toa Common Mint $1.25 3
086Pack of the Pit 5 Hell Hounds 044 Mint $2.00 1
087Necromancer's Guard 10 Wolf Skeletons 057 Mint $2.50 1
089Hyena Pack 10 Hyenas 067 Mint $3.00 1

I can buy lead mini's of similar rares that I want - for less money & better sculpts.

Kichwas

Half-breed, still living despite WotC racism
The problem with selling singles is that it harms your ability to sell packs. There are so many undesirable minis in the packs that once you open them you're faced with a growing inventory of 'commons' and unsold packs and you can either price the single to account for trashing this inventory (thus making it pointless to buy the singles) or take a loss (thus making it pointless to open the packs).

That's how they put it at gator games when I asked, and it makes a decent amount of sense. It was the problem they face when they tried selling singles of the Wizkids mini games.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads