• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D MORPG

BalazarIago

First Post
Is there a game online which is simular to City of Heroes, Everquest or Dark Ages of Camelot which is based on the D&D game?

Should there be?

Kae'Yoss

First Post
There will be a game called Dungeons and Dragons Online, but I don't call it D&D. For one, it's set in Eberron - which might be a great new campgaign setting, but it has too much weird stuff for the quintessential D&D online game. It should have been set in the world of GreyHawk, maybe the Fealms.

Also, it will ditch the D&D magic system in favour of Manna, and will not have all races present in Eberron (not even all the core races are there), and the core classes will be incomplete as well. And while telling you all that, they actually manage to tell you that they will be faithful to D&D and keep a straight face.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
KenM said:
Since most DnD PnP games have a 20 level "cap" I wonder how DnD online will handle this.

The cap will be there, but *might* be lifted later. My guess is: The cap will be there, and never be lifted, since this game has no chance to get a grip on the marked, with Everquest 2, World of Warcraft and all the other games out there. IMO, it is not D&D-ish enough to get the hardcore D&D fans to choose this over the other games.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
As long as they were going to use Unearthed Arcana rules for spell points, I kind of wish they had used the timed option instead. That is well suited for a computer.

I still think Warforged wizards are going to be much better at these missions than they're predicting.

Renton

First Post
One of the recent PC Gamer mags has a preview, and i'm cautiously optimistic. I do like the idea of XP based on quests, not on how many mobs you kill. Maybe it'll cut down on some of the MMORPG grinding.

Kesh

First Post
This is probably the first MMORPG I'd get into. City of Heros and World of Warcraft sound cool, but I don't know that I'd really stick with them. An Eberron MMO, though, should keep my interest for quite some time. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads