• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Movie/TV D&D Movie Hit or Flop?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I have made no predictions but sequels that's people projecting onto me.
And I never claimed anywhere they won't make a sequel or they will make a sequel.
What do you think the word "flop" means?

You use it a lot, but if you think the movie is a "flop" -- which seems to be a core part of your identity now -- but could also get a sequel, maybe you're just using a different definition for the word than everyone else here. People are "projecting" onto your statements because they understand that one makes sequels to successful films, not flops.

The fact that one particular slice of the pie -- ticket sales -- isn't sufficient to be a success, but other things can get it there, is literally what people have been telling you for dozens of pages now.

Zardnaar

Legend

You use it a lot, but if you think the movie is a "flop" -- which seems to be a core part of your identity now -- but could also get a sequel, maybe you're just using a different definition for the word than everyone else here. People are "projecting" onto your statements because they understand that one makes sequels to successful films, not flops.

The fact that one particular slice of the pie -- ticket sales -- isn't sufficient to be a success, but other things can get it there, is literally what people have been telling you for dozens of pages now.

Sequels haven't been announced yet just saying. For whatever reason people seem to be using that as a criteria.

More money it makes more chance of sequels. Shocking concept.

I put several ranges in my OP. Then GI Joe and other movies got mentioned and on closer examination they did make double their budget or very close to it.

I'm guessing no one watched thst video I posted addressing the odds of a sequel.

If it ends up clocking in around 200 million I don't think it's likely a sequel will be made or announced in by the end of the month. That's IMHO could be completely wrong.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Sequels haven't been announced yet just saying. For whatever reason people seem to be using that as a criteria.

More money it makes more chance of sequels. Shocking concept.

I put several ranges in my OP. Then GI Joe and other movies got mentioned and on closer examination they did make double their budget or very close to it.

I'm guessing no one watched thst video I posted addressing the odds of a sequel.

If it ends up clocking in around 200 million I don't think it's likely a sequel will be made or announced in by the end of the month. That's IMHO could be completely wrong.

Zardnaar

Legend
Right, which is why I think this is a problem of people believing they're all meaning the same thing when they're saying the same word.

(Honestly, that might be the root of most of the endless circular arguments on this site.)

So if it's a box office flop and no sequels are announced will people admit its a flop or point to something pointless like PHB Amazon sales.

Not a rocket scientist bit it seems their gal to nake a billion dollar brand might be struggling.

I can buy D&D brand boxers though. Yay?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
So if it's a box office flop and no sequels are announced will people admit its a flop or point to something pointless like PHB Amazon sales.

Not a rocket scientist bit it seems their gal to nake a billion dollar brand might be struggling.

I can buy D&D brand boxers though. Yay?
Please answer my question.

In this context it loses money at the box office.

It seems like there should be some (large) category between “hit” and “flop,” though I’d agree it isn’t doing franchise numbers in a modern context. Just another reason the modern context sucks.

I’m just glad they made a good movie.

Remove ads