[D&D Next or Burning Wheel] Witcher or Planescape (looking for players)

Quickleaf

Legend
It's been a while since I've indulged in a pbp game, but I'd really like to try it out again using the D&D Next or Burning Wheel rules. I'm game for DMing, and have 2 ideas: (1) a monster hunting and intrigue game set in the Northern Kingdoms of the Witcher books/games, or (2) a hardcore Planescape game blending elements of Piranesi, H.R. Giger, and Cirque du Soleil.

I'm looking for 4-6 players. Whoever is most interested can respond with which setting (Witcher or Planescape) and rules you prefer (D&D Next or Burning Wheel), what sort of character you're interested in, and preferred starting level (or #lifepaths in Burning Wheel).

A quick bit about me: I'm a 32-year old design professional finishing my architecture doctorate. Wrote the True20 setting "Tales of the Caliphate Nights" and some magazine articles. I enjoy rules-light story-focused games most, and I'm DMing an intermittent 4e game for friends currently. I'm an easy-going and impartial DM open to collaborating with players. :)

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Gotta give it more time. Weekends can be slow.

I'd be interested myself (in Next, and Planescape) but honestly I think I'm pretty much at my limit as far as games go.

Quickleaf

Legend
Gotta give it more time. Weekends can be slow.

I'd be interested myself (in Next, and Planescape) but honestly I think I'm pretty much at my limit as far as games go.

Yeah, will do. Honestly I'm leaning toward Witcher and Burning Wheel because it's new for me. Heh :) But I stand by being flexible; I'll see who is interested in what.

Quickleaf

Legend

So far sounds like [MENTION=34958]Deuce Traveler[/MENTION], [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION], and [MENTION=40398]Tequila Sunrise[/MENTION] are into Planescape, but all of you are stretched for time so don't know how regularly you'd be able to post.

Quickleaf

Legend
Shoot, I wasn't expecting daily posts. Is that normal in PbPs?

Maybe 2-3 times a week seems more realistic.

As an aside I just read the Fate RPG rules and those are pretty good too. Basically anything rules-light would work for PbP I imagine (hence why I choose Burning Wheel and D&D Next as two options).

Last edited:

Remove ads